September 2012 Moms

Creative types, and ppl with opinions

I send hand written TYs to customers.  Right now they are boring.  I want to do 3 new designs and am looking for inspiration.  Thoughts on these, or other designs you like?

Simple Thanks - Business Thank You Cards - Coloring Cricket - Rich Red - Red : Front
Computer Joy - Business Thank You Cards - Picturebook - Aloe - Green : Front

Echoed Thanks - Business Thank You Cards - Hello Little One - Ruby - Red : Front
Contemporary Design - Business Thank You Cards - Monica Cheng - Wave - Blue : Front
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Creative types, and ppl with opinions

• I like the red one and the green.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm looking for professional with a bit of character or playfulness - we're a green/eco business, but I couldn't find anything along those lines.  

I send them
    (1) when a customer places an order with us (sends us a large down payment)
    (2) after equipment is installed and running
    (3) if they refer any business (I'm thinking the 'thanks for helping us grow')

I'm thinking
    -A basic thank you for #1 (more formal)
    -'Welcome to our family' for #2, after we've spent a few days on site and have shared laughs
    -'Thank you for helping us grow' for #3
    -The smiley card for basic non-descript thank yous

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • melody921 said:

I like the red one and the green.

I agree. I also like the first one or the thank you thank you thank you one for really special customers.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I like the first one a lot as well as the one that says "thank you for your order" (maybe without the heart though?).
  • I like the flower one, especially if you are a green business. Thanks for helping us grow is cute.
    I do too.  I decided this can be used when someone sends us a referral.  My guess is that people who order our equipment don't give a f* about helping us grow.  But people who send us referrals because they love their equipment and have become our friends...do. 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I like the first one a lot as well as the one that says "thank you for your order" (maybe without the heart though?).
    Those were the two that stuck to me too. 

For a quick thank you note, I love these

100 Kraft business cards - stitch border - Thank you print - Kraft canvas texture cardstock - bracket shape business card blanks

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• All of the colors will be modified to my company colors.  Now I just need to figure out how to make the 3 or 4 cards somewhat cohesive.  Hmm.

• hmp1 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I like the first one a lot as well as the one that says "thank you for your order" (maybe without the heart though?).
    Those were the two that stuck to me too. 

For a quick thank you note, I love these

100 Kraft business cards - stitch border - Thank you print - Kraft canvas texture cardstock - bracket shape business card blanks
    I want those for me, personally!

• I like the chat blu gallery one the best. Do you have a company logo you can use as the repeating pattern on it, instead of those blue swirly balls, which I am assuming is the gallery's logo?

The others are boring, imo, despite some of them being bold colors.

• I like this one: image

and the smiley face.
  • watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited April 2014
    I like the one with the brown paper package, tied up with string :)

I also like the chloe's flower one, but don't know if the "helping us grow" is applicable for a non-florist.

ETA: haha didn't see that sharkfarts just wrote the same thing...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I am in love with this Mulberry postcard paper. You could just design your own thank yous using the inspiration you have found already, include your company logo, and have them printed on this paper.

BLANK Business Card Size Paper - Made of Mulberry Tree Bark - Natural colour - (Set of 20) - Perfect for rubber stampingBLANK Mulberry Paper - Postcard size (4"x6") - for card making (20 Sheets)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I think a ton depends on the tone you're trying to take--playful and light, or more strictly professional, or representative of the company.  Most of your picks are pretty cheerful and whimsical, so I'm guessing that's your bent, but I would honestly back up, ask yourself what the goal of the design is (be memorable?  represent the company?  look professional, or look fun?) before deciding anything.

And if you want plantable paper, there's an Indiana company that makes that :)  It's not as cheap as a bigger company, but Twisted Limb Paperworks does custom-designed, 100% PCW, plantable paper.
  • @cheeseandrice Yes, I have been eyeing those for a couple years now.  I want to use them on something so badly

• Hyaline said:
    I think a ton depends on the tone you're trying to take--playful and light, or more strictly professional, or representative of the company.  Most of your picks are pretty cheerful and whimsical, so I'm guessing that's your bent, but I would honestly back up, ask yourself what the goal of the design is (be memorable?  represent the company?  look professional, or look fun?) before deciding anything.

And if you want plantable paper, there's an Indiana company that makes that :)  It's not as cheap as a bigger company, but Twisted Limb Paperworks does custom-designed, 100% PCW, plantable paper.
    Yes, I agree with you here. 

I'm going for slightly playful, memorable, and crisp (clean graphic design / modern).  I think the 'crisp' will balance the playful side to prevent it from being too casual.  The modern angle complements our business because it's green state of the art technology.

People usually become our customers after working with me/us extensively for 6 mos or greater.  By that point, we have usually established a friendship.  I think we can pull off the more casual playful bit, and it fits our company culture pretty well.  I will probably use our boring logo cards for the rare stick-in-the-mud el grumpos I get once or twice a year.

• So I guess the picture uploader doesn't work anymore?  Grr.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"