TTC After a Loss

TTA weekly check in- 4/29/14

Hi Ladies! This is my first time posting the TTA check in. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :) I will do my best to respond to everyone, but that usually won't be until the evening hours. 

Welcome to the TTA Check in!! This is for anyone who is TTA (trying to avoid), no matter for how long. The check in will be weekly on Tuesdays.

If you are new, we are sorry you're here and we hope that your stay is short. We have a variety of wait times so please feel free to join. Post an intro and tell us why you are TTA and for how long. It can be waiting on the 1st AF, waiting months, waiting on labs, recovering from surgery, personal reasons, etc. You are more than welcome to join for any reason why you are TTA.

Please let me know if you would like to be added or if your information below is incorrect. As the months come to an end, members will be removed. If your TTA has been extended, please let me know. When you are burning the bench unexpectedly, let me know too!

If I removed you in error, please let me know! 
★☆★ TTA List ★☆★
@MrsWaffles 1 cycle
@meganwelch May 2014 or later
@kflynn81 May 2014 or later
@BluEyedGirl26 May or June 2014
@danielle1290 May 2014 - for wedding!! in August
@AggieBeth06 July 2014
@stefuge August 2014
@5895WolterA September 2014
@skategirl128 indefinitely for personal reasons
Any updates from the week?
What was the high/low of the week?
Any TTA related frustrations?
Anything that you're looking forward to this week?
QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: TTA weekly check in- 4/29/14

• AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
    edited April 2014
    Hi @skategirl128 - thank you for the check in! How are you?

Any updates from the week?
    Yes - Change my date to Thanksgiving 2014 please. We have tentatively decided to go on a family trip then which would not be cleared by my doctors were I to become pregnant. I'm sort of relieved and bummed about that decision, but it is the right one for us. I think.

This also followed a complex consult appointment with a new OB. Their office is better prepared for my needs in high risk pregnancy in some ways. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check out my cervix and my uterine position. I had some complications with the d&c and need to get more info about them. Also, I am waiting on my thrombophilia panel that they ran.

****prior pregnancy mention****

I had HELLP syndrome with my DS and he was delivered via emergency c/s under general anesthesia. This new OB doubled what I believed to be the odds of HELLP recurrence and they will not do VBACs, which I feel passionate about if I were to be medically cleared. 

******end*****

What was the high/low of the week?
    High - DH and I had a first date in months. We had only been intimate a handful of times since January because of some medical issues, so I was very nervous... but it was fun! :x :\">

Low - getting some weird indications from the new OB, as discussed above.

Any TTA related frustrations?
    I feel very confused. After discussing things with the new OB, I am not sure we will ever want to TTC. We might, but I just can't say right now. That makes me kind of panicky... but I'm trying to remind myself that we don't know all the information that we need to know to make that decision. My heart is still very much set on TTC at some point.

Anything that you're looking forward to this week?
    Hoping that we might have a roofline by the end of the week on the house we're building. We are also travelling to Louisiana for my niece/nephew (twins) birthday party. We don't get to see them often and I am excited for the visit even if it is going to sort of be a PITA drive for a short time there. It's always worth it to see them though! 

QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity?
    Enjoying anything outside before it gets deathly hot again! This weekend, that was raking up concrete pieces at the house site. I couldn't have been happier!

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• tlc35tlc35 member
    Hello, I just intro'd on the main board.  I just had a D&C last week so I know we will be benched for at least 1 cycle.  I will need to ask exactly how long at my follow up on Thursday.  I'm seriously dreading the waiting room.  I plan on burying my face in a book but I know it will still suck.

QOTW:  grilling outside!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • @skategirl128 could you please add me to the list?  I checked in last week for the first time.  I had a D&C on 4/11.  I've decided to try to get myself back to a healthier state, physically and emotionally, before TTC, so I'm benching myself for a few cycles, probably until July/August.

Any updates from the week?  Ran a 10k on Saturday that I really didn't think I would be able to do.  It was supposed to be a half marathon, but since I slowed way down on my training after getting pregnant I knew that wasn't going to be an option.  After my D&C I didn't even think the 10k would be an option, but I decided to go for it anyway.  Very happy I did.
    What was the high/low of the week?  High - running the 10k and then going out for sushi after the race with my DH who ran the half marathon.  Low - nearly hyperventilating during the 10k because of the first few lines of Love Somebody by Maroon 5, which is one of my favorite running songs but may need to be taken off my playlist until I'm in a better spot emotionally...
    Any TTA related frustrations?  Not at the moment.
    Anything that you're looking forward to this week?  I think my DH and I are going to try to go to a baseball game Friday night, so that'll be fun, but it all depends on the weather.  Rain/snow in the forecast for the next 6 days, ick.  Kinda makes it hard to look forward to anything but next week!
    QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity?  Going to baseball games and finally getting outside for walks/runs/outdoor dining/etc. after the long winter.

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • hayleyclairehayleyclaire member
    edited April 2014
    @skategirl128  Thanks for taking over the check in. :) Can you add me to the list. I think I have posted in the last two of these or so, but I am definitely still new. 

@MrsKush1014 I am glad you ran the 10k! I am living vicariously through you at the moment because I am on running time out from my doctor. 

Any updates from the week?  Got a diagnosis of Grave's disease. 
    What was the high/low of the week?  High was seeing my Dad for his 60th birthday. Low was finding out I had Grave's, not thyroiditis which would have been easier. 
    Any TTA related frustrations?  Not knowing how long I have to wait. It may be up to a year. I am still planning on hanging out here, but if I need to avoid for too long I may step back. 
    Anything that you're looking forward to this week?  I am going to Disneyland!
    QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity? I just like enjoying the weather before it gets too hot. This spring I am looking forward to a family reunion in a few weeks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTCAL May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Someecard
    Me (28) DH (27)
    Dx Grave's Disease
    BFP#1 May 2013 (CP)
    BFP#2 October 2013 (MMC, 12 weeks) 
  • I'm new. Just re-intro'd on main board last night. We're benched for a few cycles, but of course have to wait for a new cycle to start before we start the count. Probably July or August for us.

QOTW: I'm in TX so we don't have much of a spring. I'm enjoying crawfish boils and fish fries right now before it gets too hot to be outside ;)

@AggieBeth06‌ glad date night went well. Just curious, Are you in Houston?

@MrsKush1014‌ that's awesome you did the 10k congrats!

@hayleyclaire‌ I'm sorry about your diagnosis. Hugs! I hope Disneyland brings a bunch of smiles your way.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• @hayleyclaire - I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. You might want to ask questions and be aware of what I am about to tell you... although I do not want to freak you out because it is rare (but serious). Grave's disease can make you more likely to develop HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver and low platelets) in pregnancy. The risk is still very low, but it something to be aware of to watch for should you still move forward with TTC. HELLP is possibly related to pre-e, so blood pressure checks are important as well as monitoring proteinuria. GI pain can be a tip off, but the only real diagnosis is by lab. I hope this is not adding to your fears... but I recommend asking your doctor about it just in case. Again, the likelihood of contracting HELLP is very low. Also... I PM'ed you on accident! I'm sorry!

@littlecookie - YGPM :) and welcome!

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• @AggieBeth06 Thanks! That's definitely good to know. It doesn't worry me so much because we can't try for awhile and then even when we can, there is no guarantee that we will get a positive quickly. But it is good to know when that time comes. I have a feeling that between my previous losses and my grave's disease that I will be watched like a hawk next time.  

TTCAL May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Someecard
    Me (28) DH (27)
    Dx Grave's Disease
    BFP#1 May 2013 (CP)
    BFP#2 October 2013 (MMC, 12 weeks) 
  • @AggieBeth06 Thanks! That's definitely good to know. It doesn't worry me so much because we can't try for awhile and then even when we can, there is no guarantee that we will get a positive quickly. But it is good to know when that time comes. I have a feeling that between my previous losses and my grave's disease that I will be watched like a hawk next time.  
    I am sure your doctors are aware and you will be in good hands. Certainly nothing to stress about now. Just wanted you to be informed :)

All Welcome

Chart

• @skategirl128‌ thanks for taking over the check in. =)

Any updates from the week? Nothing new... Still on steroids for my UC and symptoms are slightly better.

What was the high/low of the week? High: Got to see some friends yesterday and hang out. Low: just dealing with some of the UC symptoms making me crazy.

Any TTA related frustrations? Nothing new just waiting for my body to get itself right.... My mind is ready...

Anything that you're looking forward to this week? not really...

QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity? When I lived in TX it was going to scarborough faire, bit the faire in CO is in the summer... I guess just getting to be outside in the warmth again... Though it isn't warm here yet.. In the 40s today!
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• Hello everyone, I made an intro post on the boards yesterday but this TTA check-in fits me perfectly. I'm TTA until April 2015 because I had a molar pregnancy. I had to have a D&C in early January after finding out my daughter had no heartbeat in the second trimester. Most people don't know what a MP is (I didn't) but it's essentially a rare genetic accident where too many chromosomes are contributed, and it never results in a viable baby. Somehow I had a live fetus that stopped growing after over 11 weeks (I had signs of both partial MP and full MP). After my D&C I had to wait four months while getting my blood drawn weekly until my HCG levels finally became negative. Now I have to get my blood drawn every month for a year before we can TTC again, because a MP is life threatening and can cause cancer if any cells are left behind. It's highly treatable if that happens, but you have to be monitored since it can spread so quickly if it isn't treated. So for now, I'm getting my Depo shots and waiting.

----------------------------------------------

That's my intro/update. Sorry it's so long.

High of the week: Winning my DietBet (the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 one). The bet was to lose 4% of your body weight in 28 days. I came in 5 lbs under my goal weight and will
    be winning some $ too!

Low of the week: Finding out the year-long wait to TTC starts now, not a year from my M/C in January like I thought. This is also my TTA frustration.

Looking forward to this week: watching the new ep of Game of Thrones when I'm off work Thursday

Favorite Spring Activity: Planting my deck garden. I planted seeds indoors and there are so many sprouts now! Can't wait until they are big enough to transplant so I can have fresh herbs and veggies this summer.
    MC 13w2d D&C 01/03/2014.  Miss you, my little butterfly.
  • @aggiebeth06 I will update your TTA status for next week. Going on a family trip sounds fun :) 

@hayleyclaire I will add you to our check in for next week. Sorry I missed adding you this time. I hope you are able to get some answers re: your diagnosis. I'm sorry you're going through all of this with Graves disease. PP seemed to give some good advice also

@tlc35 welcome :) Keep me posted as to how long you will be joining us

@MrsKush1014 Great job with the 10K! I will also add you to the check in :)

@littlecookie Welcome :) I will add you to the check in :)

@meganwelch glad to hear you are doing a little better with the steroids this week!

@this+gamer+chick I will add you to our check in. Welcome :) I also had a partial molar pregnancy that ended in January 2013. I'm sorry you are dealing with the possibility of a partial/complete molar. It was tough and was definitely hard to deal with weekly blood draws for a long time. I'm here if you need me, feel free to pm me anytime!

So the moral of this check in is that I missed a lot of people! I'm so sorry, but I promise I'll get my act together for next week. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I've been on TTCAL since January 2013, but haven't been terribly active all the time. I'm excited to be a check-in leader for all you though.

Any updates from the week? Nothing really new here
    What was the high/low of the week? The high of my week was the weekend. I love weekends with SO. We spent a lot of time with my IL's also (from my late FI). I love my SILs :) The low of my week was having SO sick for the first part of the week
    Any TTA related frustrations? Nothing really- we are very content in our decision to be TTA. I'm honestly not sure whether we will TTCAL- my loss was personally very difficult and with SO's long term health condition it may not be feasible, but of course I still have hope that maybe things will change
    Anything that you're looking forward to this week? Once again, the weekend. We have a lot of plans and my Mom's birthday is Sunday, so it should be another fun weekend over here :)
    QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity? I love being outside, having SO grill and just enjoying the weather. I also love spring flowers!

• HI there @skategirl128 !!  Thanks for taking the check in!

Any updates from the week?  Yes... I didn't participate the last check in because I thought we perhaps might come off the bench as I had nearly positive OPKs for some reason. Although its official... I .am. ON. the. bench.   definitely longer than May so you can change mine. As of today my RE gave me the "quiescent trophoblastic disease" diagnosis and my hcg levels will need to be watched monthly until they are BFZ (that's a big f***ing zero, fyi)  to make sure the disease doesn't activate and turn into the cancerous version instead of this inactive one. I'm not complaining, I want to be healthy , but seriously?!?! 

What was the high/low of the week?  Low definitely crying in the bathroom at work after talking to my RE's office. High, last night DH and I had a really great session with our grief counselor.

Any TTA related frustrations? Ugh, the RE never said to TTA before we just did it on our own.  however, today those words came from him so condoms it is...boooo  :(

Anything that you're looking forward to this week? The weekend!  Lunch with some girlfriends and maybe something nice for myself (mani/pedi, etc...)  Saturday. Sunday I'm helping stuff goody bags for our Preeclampsia 5k with the coordinators of the walk. I feel special :)

QOTW: What is your favorite spring activity?  Just being outside, opening the windows and turning our heat off. Also I like to watch our dahlias pop up on the side of the house!

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• stefugestefuge member
    @skategirl128‌ - thanks for running the check-in!

Update for the week: we are still house hunting! We put in offer number 4 today and hoping this one goes through and we don't get outbid! High/low: low - I have just been really discouraged lately, partially cause of the house stuff, partially for other stuff. I am so ready for things to start getting positive. High - was driving through the neighborhood for the latest house and ran into a old friend from college who lives there! I want this house even more now! TTA frustrations - nope Looking forward to: moving! I am itching to start packing and planning and moving. Stupid competitive housing market. (Which, okay, is good. This latest house is probably the best so far, so yeah, that's good that we didn't get any of the others). QOTW: I enjoy being able to go for walks and runs in the nicer weather. And for yard sales!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • FX for this house, @stefuge!

All Welcome

Chart

• @kflynn81‌ I'll update your info. I'm sorry your tta due to dr orders now :( but it's a great thing you are doing for the walk! Many hugs to you!

@stefuge‌ good luck with the house. Fx for you! When I bought my house it was the fourth one bid on also. More fx!! Big hugs also being positive can be tough sometimes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"