August 2014 Moms

Anyone planning a bris?

Is anyone planning a bris or has planned a bris? I've actually never been to one and now have to worry about planning one.  Did you do it at home or at the synagogue? Our house is so tiny that I wouldn't do it here, but I know you can rent out the social hall at the synagogue and sent an email to the rabbi about it. Any tips (pun not intended) or tricks worth sharing? I can't imagine having to do all this stuff just a few days after leaving the hospital, even though I'm sure my MIL will handle most of it for me. I remember I was still feeling like crap 3 weeks PP at my DD's baby naming ceremony! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone planning a bris?

• exhibitvexhibitv member
    edited April 2014
    @thosethreewords -- yes I emailed the rabbi yesterday and she said they have a list of mohels who are all doctors that they work with. We will probably use the synagogue's social hall, so we will have to use their caterer. I imagine it will be pretty simple but my MIL will take over menu and any decorations she wants to do. What would you guys be doing if you need it?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Im a FTM and my son will have bris. My in laws are much more informed about as to how SO and I will proceed with this but what I'm feeling most comfortable with is renting out a room at the hospital to have it done by doctor (rabbi as well of course).
    I will have too many concerns it were to be done at a synagogue or even at home.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • exhibitv said:
    @thosethreewords -- yes I emailed the rabbi yesterday and she said they have a list of mohels who are all doctors that they work with. We will probably use the synagogue's social hall, so we will have to use their caterer. I imagine it will be pretty simple but my MIL will take over menu and any decorations she wants to do. What would you guys be doing if you need it?
    Most brises I've been to were pretty basic as far as decorations - like maybe just nice tablecloths. 

We may do ours at our tiny synagogue.  The synagogue requires kosher catering and we have a lot of friends who keep kosher at least to some extent, so I'm checking out the kosher bagel place now and getting ideas.  I'll probably just get a few platters.  Some fish, bagels etc.  I guess people will want some desserts.

I was neighbors with a Mohel, so we'll probably use him if he is available. 

I'm kind of counting on the fact that we would not be the first people to do this and that we'll get a lot of help pulling it together.  If not, my mom will be around and I will probably put her in charge of it.

Also, I'm going to get an email list together in the next month or so of the people we would invite...maybe even save a draft email and just need to fill in the time/date and location.  I don't want to forget anyone - and it seems like it would be easy to do.
    That is a GENIUS idea for the draft email! I am totally going to do this now.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"