October 2013 Moms

Babywearing in the media (but they do it all wrong)

Jalee85Jalee85 member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Someone posted a pic in my local BWing group. The picture is pretty bad, but the good news is everyone spoke out about it. Now the magazine apologized and is going to write a BWing safety article.

April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: Babywearing in the media (but they do it all wrong)

• Link doesn't work. For me at least.
    I think I fixed it.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I saw someone at Walmart wearing a newborn all the way down by her stomach. I wanted to say something but I'm a chicken so I didn't...
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't heard of this magazine but it's pretty bad that something that people would look to within the media for informative journaling on babies, would know so little about proper baby wearing to let this photo pass.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes. That baby just looks awkward. How did it make it all the way to print without anyone knowing?
  • jgslr said:
    Wow, how could anyone think that looked comfy for baby or mom. It's looks so awkward. Btw, kinda on topic, but I finally found the ergo LOVE! I didn't like it for front carries, but I learned how to pop her on my back. Ammmmmazing!! Dishes, laundry, mopping, no prob. Super happy about this and my house looks great.
    I just rediscovered my Lillebaby for this very reason! I was using it for front carries in the fall when we were out and about, but stashed it away over the winter. Once I figured out the back carry, my god! I can clean and cook and actually get stuff done around the house and LO is happy as can be. It's a whole new world around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"