July 2014 Moms

Are you doing a Hospital Tour?

edited April 2014 in July 2014 Moms
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Are you doing a Hospital Tour? 211 votes

Yes - finished it or scheduled it.
72% 154 votes
No - not applicable or necessary for me.
19% 42 votes
SS - comment!
7% 15 votes

Re: Are you doing a Hospital Tour?

• Our hospital won't let us before 32 weeks, but we are going as soon as the time comes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We did our tour with our prepared childbirth one day intensive class, and sadly, I was less than impressed. Unfortunately, due to some insurance issues and some personal ones, it was sort of too late to change.  The rooms were miniscule, the three nurses I met were very rude, and they had some policies that didn't make me too happy, like not allowing the father to stay if the rooms were doubled up (while I understand the privacy part, I'd rather not be trying to figure out night #1 on my own).  I've had 13 surgeries at that hospital over my lifetime, so I was sort of surprised to be SO disappointed in the maternity ward.  That said, I LOATHE my OB's office so it sort of sucks all around.  I don't trust them at all, and the staff are really jackasses. 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • helloblueeyeshelloblueeyes member
    edited April 2014
    My hospital holds them every Sunday evening. We are actually going to the next one. 

I wanted to do it yesterday but we are both still a little sick and don't want to take more germies into a hospital setting. Especially L& D.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Yes!  We had one last week at our last childbirth class - we all went up to the fourth floor to see the rooms, and while we were there we got to see a baby being prepped for their hearing test!  That was the best part. :)

Funny thing that happened with that was another pregnant girl in the class (who did not seem to have people skills)  roughly shoved DH out of the way so she could get right next to the baby.  She definitely got some side-eye after that (from me).
    May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We start our childbirth classes next week & a hospital tour is class #3 (I think).
  • I delivered DD at the hospital where I am delivering this DD however they have had some construction and updates since then so I want to tour it and make sure that there are no strange detours and see if some of the perks they were updating are done yet (Like king size beds in the post partum suites).  They only offer tours on Thursday evenings though so I will have to wait till DH is home and we are a little less busy.

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• I have mine scheduled for Saturday, question will be of my ob clears me to go or not :/
  • I didn't need to tour L&D at my hospital because I used to work there so I know what it is and how it looks! Plus I have had family members deliver there and have been in their rooms!
  • If I am still living where I am at now, I won't be doing the hospital tour. This will be my 3rd time delivering there, so there shouldn't be too many surprises. However, I am hoping to make a major move before then (I should know if that is going to happen within the next couple of weeks) and if that's the case and there is even time between when we get to the new location and before I deliver I will want to do the hospital tour.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• I voted no because I've given birth there before, so don't really need to.  I did a hospital tour the first time and was really glad I did it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did mine today! I am delivering at a diffrent, much smaller hospital this time that is brand new. They only have 10 mother/baby rooms. The nurses I met today were super nice and answered all of my questions. They only have a level 1 NICU but if needed LO will be transferred to the best children's hospital around about 20 minutes away.
  • edited April 2014
    Our hospital only offers online tours!!  

You can only see it in person as part of privately run birthing classes that for some reason give you access.  So I pretty much have to pay $150 to see the maternity area :(

ETA:  And I don't need the birthing class because I'm having a medically necessary c section at 36 weeks!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Yes, but mostly because I'm hoping to win free newborn pictures like we did with DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will but probably not until July when I go on leave. The hospital only does tours Tuesday nights but I work evenings. So it'll have to wait! I need to pre-register though.....I should get on that.
  • I did with DS1 but will not this time. Last time it was included in the chidlbirth class.
  • Qfrump said:
    We did this past weekend as part of a childbirth prep class.  I was glad we did it.  I had seen some pictures online but it was helpful to see in person.  Just knowing what to expect when we get there was really helpful.

@helloblueeyes- Thanks for not sharing your germs.  A couple in our class tour was coughing and sneezing everywhere.  So rude!  I hope you feel better soon!
    @Qfrump

Thankfully we are starting to feel better. 

I honestly wouldn't be able to hold back the comments if some one came in like that. This hospital has the most advanced NICU (not to mention Burn centers, a Children's hospital and a crazy advanced oncology center) in the area and that is no place for you to be spreading shit around. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• I work for the hospital where I'm delivering so I already know what the unit looks like and the hospital policies :D
                                                      Pregnancy Ticker
                                                                Zero tv photo image.jpg  image

• Yes, I scheduled mine for the first week of June.  I've been to the postpartum rooms before seeing friends, but I've never seen the L&D department, so I'm looking forward to it.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like others I did one with DS and will be delivering at the same hospital with this LO. I was glad I did the tour before hand because I hate going new places so being able to see it before cut down on my anxiety.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep. I did it at 24 weeks with my friend who's also delivering there when she was 32 weeks. I knew it would be my hospital because it's where my practice delivers. I had only heard how nice the suites were and we were more than impressed. I know the beds suck though so I must remember my own pillow!
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• No, we know the deal. Biggest problem the first time was finding L&D, but we're pretty confident we can find our way there this time.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • abunai523abunai523 member
    edited April 2014
    We have ours scheduled for June 7th! I'm really excited about it actually. Our hospital is so huge that even though I know where the women's hospital is within it because I've had ultrasounds there, I currently have no idea where L&D is specifically. I'll feel a lot more prepared once I can picture where we need to go.
  • We got this done about a month ago. It was great! We now know what to expect when going into labor, what the LDR room will look like and where the maternity room will be. It definitely calmed us a bit and we feel much better about the hospital we chose.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• We took a tour to show our 3 yr old where we will be for a couple days.
  • STM and I am giving birth at the same hospital I did with DS. Plus, my doctors office is located in the hospital. I remember very well where to go and everything is.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• I said yes, but the hospital "tour" for my hospital is done online! So I watched the 17 minute video. I still need to do the post-tour pre-registration though!
  • TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited April 2014
    SS ~ we did one last year before I had DD and loved it. It made me feel so much better about a lot of things.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• SS--not doing childbirth classes this time around since I've been through L&D and a tour is usually part of that.  Last time we ended up at the hospital we were NOT planning to go to and we were both pretty disappointed with many aspects of the experience.  I'd like to tour our preferred hospital again just to refresh my memory/see if anything has changed, especially since I didn't end up delivering there.  Also if I still have a partial previa at my next u/s check, it's possible we will end up at our 2nd choice hospital anyway and I'd want to tour since I know some things have changed since we last delivered there and especially if we're talking C-section I sure as heck want to know what I'm in for.  OF course really hoping that won't be the case (and things have been moving in the right direction to avoid that).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I freaking loved our hospital tour. 

The labor and delivery floor is pretty new. The NICU is level 3 and each NICU baby has it's own room. They only offer private labor and delivery rooms and private mommy and baby rooms (where you recover). Both sets of rooms are really nice. They have a security system that makes me feel really comfortable (even though there are no security risks when it comes to our family), the babies get their cord clamp and on the cord clamp is a GPS device. If someone tried to pick up the baby and walk through the doors at the end of the floor to leave with it the GPS would set off alarms and the elevators would shut down and the doors would lock and the staff would be alerted. I don't think it would ever get that far because they do room in care and he would not be out of our sight for very long but it is something that made me feel safer. Especially for mommas and dads who might have a security risk somewhere in their family. 

I'm really glad I got to tour the hospital (not just because aesthetically I liked everything) but because they kind of walked you through the process of how your labor and delivery could go and answered a million questions I had along the way without even meaning to. 

• I didn't do it with my first because I was delivering at the hospital my hubby works at but we're going with a different hospital this time around so we're going to check it out purely so we know where to go when the times come.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Ours isn't scheduled until June 7 - which is also the one day prenatal class. That being said it's already a bit too late as I ended up in labour and delivery last Friday with BH contractions every 5 minutes... Was wishing I had had the hospital your since a) I didn't even really know where the hospital was/parking etc. and b) the volunteer that was supposed to take me to labour and delivery took me too the operating room!! Then the next person still took me to the wrong place and third time was a charm. Yeesh! Makes me question the choice of hospitals. At least the nurses were nice when I got there?!
  • We took a tour to show our 3 yr old where we will be for a couple days.
    Our tour wont allow children under 5. :(

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• No. I could care less what the hospital looks like. I want to have my LO an get the Hec out an go home where I can personally give her a tour of her home for the first time.
  • Our tour will be a part of the childbirth class series we're taking in June.  I can't wait, and really hope the tour is on the first day of class.

Also, I was sent to L&D a few weeks ago and was oddly excited to get a sneak peek, considering that I wasn't there under the best circumstances.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"