October 2012 Moms

Rachelilly and others who are trying to lose weight...

Just thought I'd do a weight loss check in since I know a few of us are trying. So how's it going?? Any victories lately?

Re: Rachelilly and others who are trying to lose weight...

• I want to lose 5lbs by the end of May.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    I am counting calories to support Husband. I need to go buy batteries for the scale though.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I've pretty much stayed the same since I finished my first month of nutrisystem a month ago. I was at my parents for 2.5 weeks and it's impossible to lose weight there. My mom keeps too much junk in the house. I was working out so at least I didn't gain. But I started back up with nutrisystem Friday. Got my period Saturday and totally went off the deep end :( Today I actually stayed on program so I think I'm over the crazy of AF.

I've lost about 9 lbs on nutrisystem. I have to lose at least another 24 lbs to get to pre pregnancy but I really want to lose 35 more lbs to get to where I would be in really good shape. Hoping to do it by mid September when my next cousin gets married.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Great job everyone! I'm down 15 pounds since starting in late Feb, and I have another 35 to go. I'm in a rut lately and get tired of eating the same things. This is one of those sucky days for dieting :(

• I started low carb back in November, a month after I weaned. I have lost 20 pounds since then and am 15 pounds lower than when I got pregnant! I am pretty much as my reasonable goal, sure 10-15 more pounds would be nice but I am at a place where I feel good about myself and indulge pretty often, so maintaining is fine by me. FWIW I am now back up to 75-100 carbs a day which I do not find hard to manage.
    DD 9/15/12
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    Hey I have a question for yall who log your food. I meandered around walmart for an hour today, pushing alice in the cart. I did shop, so I stopped and looked at things. I logged 35 minutes pushing a stroller. Does that sound reasonable?

Oct Angel Babies
  • Mrs_LadyMrs_Lady member
    edited April 2014
    Fore
    I want to lose 5lbs by the end of May.
    Me too after that im fine because i figure i will fit my clothes better. I injured my knee this weekend so it may prove difficult
    Forgot to add victory lost all baby weight before he turned 9 mos by just cooking more. Im down 20 pounds pre pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm joining WW. I've currently lost all the weight from having A, but sm still 15 lbs over when I got KU with C. And really, I'd like to lose 20-25 lbs. Did WW before and it worked well, and I've heard that with the points allowed for nursing moms, supply doesn't tank, so hopefully that's the case. I'd like a check in. Doing WW online is convenient, but there's no accountability.
  • I'm doing a local program where the main thing is no sugar and nothing processed. I really just shop the perimeter of the store and I have to fix everything from scratch, so it sucks for convenience. I really like the way I feel when I do this program, so I'm going to keep going! I'm just mad that I have so far to go yet!

• I'd really like to lose these last three pounds and then maintain.  I've been exercising at least four times a week since mid-Feb and I am so much stronger and toned.  But carbs are doing me in on the weight loss part.
  • I started the end of January. So far I have lost 4 pants sizes. If I had to guess around 30 pounds. I don't like the scale it's more about how I feel and look. I did the Advocare 24 day challenge and that REALLY gave me the kick start I needed. I also do crossfit at least 4 days a week. I totally changed my eating habits and really buckled down to fresh foods and not as much processed junk. But for real ladies if someone sells advocare around you do yourself a favor spend the money and do it!! If you have any questions about what it is I can help but I promise you it's worth every penny!!!
  • Way to go, girl! What a transformation! Okay, now *I* want to post a before and after, but I'm still a "before"! Thanks for the motivation!

• @LaurenBullock, I know nothing about crossfit, other than these crazy competitions I see on tv where they are doing handstand pushups! I suppose I could google it, but what can a fat girl do to get started? I can barely do one girl push up!

• @BabyCarryingVessel‌ anyone can do it!!! If there is a box around you GO!! My younger sister started with me and she could not do one push-up or even lift the 35 lb bar. She started with girl push-ups and a PVC pipe when we did workouts with the bar!! Go try it I promise you it will change your life!! I'm a VERY competitive person and tho is like one big competition against yourself! Always looking for faster times and more weight!!! Post your before and after pictures! Any progress is better than no progress!
  • So since this thread was posted I gained a couple pounds. God damnit, AF!

• @BabyCarryingVessel‌ there is a lady at our box who started and she was over 300 pounds. It really can be scaled for anyone to do!
  • Thanks Lauren! I'm going to look up some things I can do in my living room. I'm really inspired!

• Squats,burpees,push-ups, and sit-ups. That is when I feel the workouts I do the most! Anything using your own body weight are the workouts that get me the most! @NeedUtonite‌ thank you!
  • lady dixneuflady dixneuf member
    edited May 2014
    I would really like to lose like 10-15 lbs. I don't NEED to in the sense that I am technically not overweight by I feel gross.
    I was running a lot for a while but things have gotten crazy w work and I am just so tired all the time. I lost like 60 of my 65 lbs baby weight basically effortlessly but then gained after I stopped bfing
    I totally eat terribly so I am lucky that I have decent metabolism. Like insane how I eat and I need to cut it out. 

I was training for a half marathon and then TOTALLY dropped the ball. 

• Ran 5.33 miles today. I've resorted to drinking protein shakes instead of meals and after intense workouts, and only eating fruits and veggies during the day. I figured I needed to go a little hardass on myself to get to where I want to be and stop bingeing and sabotaging myself.

• Ran 5.33 miles today. I've resorted to drinking protein shakes instead of meals and after intense workouts, and only eating fruits and veggies during the day. I figured I needed to go a little hardass on myself to get to where I want to be and stop bingeing and sabotaging myself.
    yeah but don't binge and sabotage yourself in the opposite direction either!

• edited May 2014
    Rachel, that's great but be careful please! I'm no expert, but I've always had the best success when I never let myself get hungry... So I'm always poking in some kind of lean protein, fruits or veggies. I understand the frustration and desperation, but don't over do it!

• Thanks for the concern ladies. My shakes have 20 grams of protein a piece and I had 3 yesterday. I'll have 4 today. Still getting plenty of protein and I haven't been hungry. I was a little hungry before bed but that's it.

• Squats,burpees,push-ups, and sit-ups. That is when I feel the workouts I do the most! Anything using your own body weight are the workouts that get me the most! @NeedUtonite‌ thank you!

Yes, those are 4 of my base exercises! Also planks, lunges, wall sits, dips and I switch the squats and lunges to jumping variations to really kick my ass.
    They are rough! But you get results pretty quick with them. I am the type of person I do sit-ups and I'm like ok where is my 6-pack. Something I'm learning is that I can't expect drastic changes in a little amount of time.

• CnAnACnAnA member
    2 year molars = mommy needs homemade pizza. Still under my calories for the day, and way under for the week. I call that a victory.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I have the hardest time finding meals that are healthy that MH likes. There are a lot if times I'm all " that's what I made , eat it or make yourself something else". But it would be nice to make stuff the boys will eat happily They are very meat and potatoes types. Anyone have any recipes to share?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"