December 2014 Moms
Options

help! low heart rate :(

I had my first u/s at 5 weeks 5 days. Doc called a few days later with the results and said things look good as far as size etc but baby has a slightly low heart rate. Iv looked this up and found 2 answers....the first that this means about a 50/50 chance of mc or that the baby's heart probably just started beating and it will speed up as it grows. Either way, iv been an emotional mess. Trying not to think the worst but cant help it. Anyone have this or similar experience?

Re: help! low heart rate :(

• Options
    When I was 5w2d they couldn't even see or hear anything. I wouldn't be too worried at this point T&P's!
  • Options
    They didn't say what it was, just that it was low. They scheduled my next appt 2 and a half weeks out. I don't know if I can handle this stress of not knowing whats going on for 2 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was probably too early! My Dr. wouldn't look for or listen to a heartbeat at 7 weeks because she said it was too early. T & Ps

• Options
    Doctors can be so dumb sometimes. It's so early. The fact you saw the heartbeat is great news. Relax and use the mantra "today I am pregnant and I love my baby". It helps me relax and remember to not take a single day for granted. Congratulations on getting to see your little bean!
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That does seem very early to see a heartbeat. Can you call and try to get the appt moved up?

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    I hate when Dr's do things like this. 5w5d is extremely early, and I'm shocked you even saw a heartbeat. Why did he do an u/s that early?? With DD1 her heartbeat was only 73 and she measured 6w6d (I just looked it up to verify my numbers!). I stressed for a week until my follow up but all was well! At almost 7 weeks with a low number I was scared...but at less than 6 weeks I wouldn't think twice about it! Low is normal, that heart *just* started. Sorry your Dr has worried you. :-(
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. This is my first pregnancy so I don't know whats normal, whats not, what questions to ask and more than that, what I really need to be concerned about vs. what my irrational hormones are making me freak out over. This is helpful. I wanted to see if I could have my next appt. sooner but wasn't sure if i should just wait it out or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"