January 2014 Moms

We suddenly hate the swing...?

Did anyone else's LO suddenly develop a hatred for their swing, RnP or other soothing contraption?

Warren is 12 weeks and has been taking his naps in the swing (and sleeping in crib at night) for about a month... All of a sudden, these past few days he is NOT having the swing and I'm having to soothe, swaddle and comfort nurse him to nap in his crib. What gives?

Re: We suddenly hate the swing...?

• km_mdkm_md member
    DD never was a swing lover (or bouncy chair, or PNP cradle...) but I have noticed her being a little more sucky lately. She won't lay as long on her play mat and wants nothing to do with anyone but me. I'm hoping it's just a phase. She is 13 weeks today.

• cnctfcnctf member
    km_md said:

DD never was a swing lover (or bouncy chair, or PNP cradle...)

This!
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS liked the swing for aittle but, but hates it now. The only way he'll stay in it is if he is in a real deep sleep and I set him in it. Oh and if his big sister doesn't try to climb in with him.
  • km_md said:
    DD never was a swing lover (or bouncy chair, or PNP cradle...) but I have noticed her being a little more sucky lately. She won't lay as long on her play mat and wants nothing to do with anyone but me. I'm hoping it's just a phase. She is 13 weeks today.

I could have written this!
  • Yep, to her cradle.  She was waking up every 2 hours.  Shes slept in the PnP from 10:30-6 for 3 nights in a row. She's never ever slept that long yet.  And it was for sure her cradle. I went back and forth a couple times just to see if the PnP nights were just coincidence, and they weren't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Holly used to LOVE her swing, but now she hates it. Every time I put her in the swing she tries to roll over. Guess we are getting to the time where we can give it away :( TEAR!
  • Until about 3 weeks ago, DD would go in the swing and immediately poop, then want nothing to do with it again. Now she has become friends with the mirror at the top of the swing and loves going for a little ride so she can talk to herself or whomever she thinks she is looking at up there!
    Megan J.
    Wife - 10.20.12 / Expecting - 05.20.13 / Mommy - 01.14.14

• DD loved the swing, then hated it, now is back to liking it. I think they put her in one at daycare so it's become a comfort.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• DD went through a phase like that. When I first got the swing she would sleep for hours in it, then all of a sudden she hated it and wouldn't even sit in it for 5 minutes without crying. I started swaddling her and putting her down in her bassinet for her naps and we took a break from the swing. Recently I tried the swing out again because I needed a few minutes to do the dishes, and next thing I knew DD had slept for 4.5 hours in it.
    So I'd recommend giving it a try again in a few weeks and see if your LO likes it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"