April 2013 Moms
Options

MN ladies

Minnesota ladies - if you live in the Twin Cities, what is the typical cost for daycare for babies? My friend has a 7 week old and is wondering how much is reasonable. I live in Greater MN where it costs less, so I don't know the answer. (Posted in FB group too.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MN ladies

• Options
    We pay $210/ week for in-home in the city of Minneapolis, but that's low in the city. Most in-homes in the city are $225+/week. Centers are generally $325+/week. A coworker paid $175/week in Lakeville, but that was six years ago.

I hope she already has child care lined up...finding an infant opening is really hard. We told our current DCP about our positive for #2 before we told the grandparents!!
  • Options
    Where in the metro is she? We're in the east metro and pay $105 for 3 days at an in-home.  If we were to go full time, we would pay $140/week.  My brother is in the southwest metro and pay $170/week for an in-home (was $190/week when my nephew was under 1). Centers around me are $275-$330.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She is near Bloomington.

• Options
    She is near Bloomington.
    Near Bloomington might be even a little higher than what I posted on the FB page -- I pay $315 / week but it is $354 per week before my corporate discount.  However, I've been told that Edina/ EP / Bloomington are even more expensive (I'm down South of the river).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. The center I transferred from was in Bloomington and the cost was $335/week then. I can believe it's gone up since then. Granted that for a corporate owned center. Private centers are probably cheaper and in-homes even more-so. If only the employees would see some of that money. *sigh*...
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    arschm02 said:
    Yes. The center I transferred from was in Bloomington and the cost was $335/week then. I can believe it's gone up since then. Granted that for a corporate owned center. Private centers are probably cheaper and in-homes even more-so. If only the employees would see some of that money. *sigh*...
    Our is corporate owned too (New Horizons).  The private center that we looked at (Anna's Bananas in Savage), was about $280/week. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!

• Options
    I have three centers on my list if/when DS has to start daycare. They are all approximately $150/wk for 2 days per week and increase to $330/wk for 5 days. I live in Stillwater.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"