December 2012 Moms

No More Paci

edited April 2014 in December 2012 Moms
Day 2 of no pacifier during the day. (We're trying to shift to using it only during naps and at bedtime.) The fussiness is out of control. For anyone else who has gone through this, how long did it take LO to adjust?
Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12

Re: No More Paci

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies! Things got better towards the end of the day... Hopefully it will continue. I'm excited to be freed of having to be armed with pacifiers at all times. Ha.
    Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband was all up in arms about getting her off of them bc the pedi said to try and phase them out by 18 months. So he was all paranoid. It didn't bother me though. Long ago we had stopped giving them to her during the day. The only time she had them was at night, naps and in the car if I was driving. I found an article I think on Baby Center that really justified the way I was doing it and really calmed him down on pushing it. It basically said that if they fuss too much more than a few days to just take a step back and try again in a few weeks. Giving it to them only at night/naps isn't going to ruin their teeth or speech.

So I sent that article to DH. About 1 week later we were out and DH took Alivia home and I stayed at Starbucks to get work done. He was putting her down for her nap and he could not find a paci to save his life. He even went to the store next to our house and all they had was the 3+ month and we were still giving her the newborn ones (which according to the article I read is even better for their teeth because it's softer and said to just check it more often for biting) anyway...she refused to use it. she kept spitting it out or handing it back to him...after that it was done. Literally would not touch a paci again. I even tried on a few occasions when I was trying to get her to sleep and she was fighting it, I gave her the MANY we found after that day and she wouldn't touch it.

She did once go up to a kid that had one and touched it too. Probably like a faint fond memory lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"