February 2013 Moms

WWYD? Totally NBR

My husband is a pig with his laundry. He never folds it. He's always running the odd load but just has dirty clothes laying everywhere. It's piled by the machine, on the dryer, on the folding table. It's in our room, on the floor, in the hallway. It's on dining room chairs, in the bathroom. I have had friends over and they have almost sat on his underwear. It drives me apeshit but I refuse to do his laundry ever because then: a) all I will ever do is his laundry and b) he would become entitled and would dare to complain if it wasn't done on time. So I am not going there.

Anyways... Today I ran some of my own laundry and threw in a pair of his jeans that I think he was considering throwing out. It had been laying in a pile for months, but recently got sorted due to some leaking in our basement into a wash/toss pile. When I pulled my laundry from the dryer, I found a $100 folded up bill. I have no clue if it's his or mine... But I strongly believe this is his money he forgot in these jeans months ago and almost threw out. I am soooo tempted to keep it and not tell him about it. I know I should. Should I bribe him with his own money and offer to pay him his own $100 if he cleans up all his clothes?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD? Totally NBR

• I'd say finders keepers! He was going to throw them out and obviously didn't check his pockets. Tuck it in your wallet and enjoy!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Mine is the same. The clothes aren't neccessarily dirty, but they. are. everywhere.

I'd so bribe him with it. But I would for sure tell my DH that I found it. I'd feel awful otherwise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would also just do DH's laundry, but I do my DH's laundry. We divided up a lot of the household chores and laundry is one of mine. I actually really like laundry so there's that! He'll help me fold sometimes but usually I say, "Will you tackle the dishes and I'll finish this?". That way - I get out of dishes!

The money? I'd also probably tell my DH about it. But that's just me. 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I would tell DH. I would also just do his laundry. I do all the laundry in our house. It would never get done if I didn't.
    Jenny DiLo
  • i would tell my DH about the money--its one in the same anyway. (one in the same? one and the same? never knew the right word for that saying!),...anyway. I say pick your battles. if he does a lot around the house and laundry just isnt his thing...just do it. if he does nothing and is a lazy piece and lays around while you do all the work...have a conversation about it...maybe divide up a list of house hold chores. if laundry becomes yours, have him agree to keep it all in one spot--there is the new invention called the hamper.....

• I told him I found a folded bill from our laundry and asked him to guess how much. He said $20 so I told him we would split it. Heheheh! Still deciding if I should fess up the rest :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would do all of the laundry and then tell him you found the $100 and that it is your fee (and that you'd be willing to do it for him every week for an extra $100) ;)

• I'd probably end up doing his laundry. I'm sort of a clean freak, and although my FI will help out when I ask him to, he doesn't always do it in an amount of time I'm comfortable with. So I just do it...and then he'll say, "hey! I was going to do that!" Oh well. Taking the time to do it myself is better for me than the anxiety I get from the mess.

As for the money, it's probably forgotten about. If you normally make money spending decisions together, if mention it to him. Otherwise I'd say keep it for yourself!

• I would have to tell DH, but then again, we have to share all our money since I do not technically make any money (well I guess technically I make half of his salary as far as the state is concerned ;) but that is not the point).  I do all the laundry anyways, but DH is not too bad at trying to correct things that annoy me as long as I find a way to sit down and talk to him about it as opposed to make him feel like I am attacking him.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes he deserves to be attacked, but it is more efficient to talk it out. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"