1st Trimester
Options

Water

I had a hard time drinking water before pregnancy. Now that I'm pregnant it's still hard. Please give some constructive ways to get it in. I gave up pop totally except for Vernors when I'm nausea lol

Answers

• Options
    I fill up a pitcher with water and cut up some oranges and lemons and just let it sit in the fridge. It gives a really nice and refreshing flavor.

I didn't give up juice or soda, but you must increase your water intake like it or not so the best advice I have is to just suck it up...literally :)

• Options
    I had a hard time drinking water before pregnancy. Now that I'm pregnant it's still hard. Please give some constructive ways to get it in. I gave up pop totally except for Vernors when I'm nausea lol
    Seems you need no advice about getting it in, since you're pregnant and all. haha.

Anyway, try to infuse your water with fruit or maybe throw some teas in there too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would definitely try adding some citrus.  I usually just buy a lemon each week and cut it up so its easy to throw a wedge into a glass of water.

Try just always have water with you.  I will sip on a bottle of water all day and usually drink more that way than grabbing a glass when I am thirsty.
  • Options
    I had a hard time drinking water in my first tri because it made me feel more nauseated. Like other people have said maybe you can try adding in some fruits to naturally and lightly flavor the water without adding artificial and overpowering stuff to it. I also drank a lot of sparkling water. The bubbles helped my nausea and headaches, and, hey, it's still water. It's not great to drink ALL THE TIME as a complete replacement, but still help you get some water in your system!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    As others have stated, by a gallon [or half gallon to start with] water pitcher or jug. Then with a permanent marker you can break it up and write on the pitcher times. That way you have to have drank so much by a certain time and you get it all in without trying to down it all at once.

BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

• Options
    If cold water isnt working for you, try room temp or warm water.  Sometimes I just need need a warm cup of something to drink, and while I am not a fan of lemon chilled water, a cup of hot water with lemon is soothing.
    Me: 34    DH: 28.  Married Jan 2012.  Started TTC Jan 2014.  Got our first BFP April 28th. Baby Boy Born: December 24 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Grow! photo leela_grow.gif
  • Options
    Eat your fruit/veggies: the water & fiber will help. Watermelon, cucumber etc. squash & other watery veggies.

Lemons & limes in the water helped me. Also, get a water bottle. Work on drinking 5-6 (32oz) bottles a day.

Take your weight, divide by 2. That's how many ounces you should drink.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    rainbows said:
    If cold water isnt working for you, try room temp or warm water.  
    This.  I hate drinking ice cold water unless I'm super hot.  I find it much easier to drink room temperature water.  I have a 32 oz nalgene bottle that I tote with me everywhere I go.  
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"