November 2014 Moms

Book recommendations

Hi! Were going on vacation next week and I'm looking for some light and run reads I could take with me. I've really enjoyed some of the Dystopian youth books (currently reading the darkest minds) but don't neccessArily want to over do it on them. I also read a book last summer called the expats by Chris pavone (spy novel) and the art forger by BA Shapiro that I really enjoyed. I'm just kinda looking for something light and quick. I love Kate Morton books too but they're a bit hefty for a week vacation at Disney.

I could probably stand to read some books about preparing for a baby and babies first year too but I think those might stress me a bit :P

Re: Book recommendations

• I recently read "This is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper which was dark but funny. I also read "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman which was a serious book but a very quick read. I also recommend anything by Christopher Moore!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MollMoll4‌ thanks! I'll have to see if my B&n carries any of those :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • This Is Where I Leave You was really funny. I second that vote. Also, check out The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. A little different in style (written more like a series of letters) but a pretty light read, easy to put up and down (because it's written as letters--probably a helpful feature on a Disney trip), and very good! Check out the Amazon reviews!
  • These aren't super light and have a lot of science-y stuff in them, but Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park is amayyyyzing, as is The Lost World.

I'm also a big fan of The Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman; I read them practically every vacation. Start with Autumn Twilight through Spring Dawning first, and expand upon those to the other trilogies in the realm if you like them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Thank you ladies!!!! @jlk6‌ I have read divergent but not matched :o)
  • A book about parenting that I really like is called "you are your child's first teacher". I've read it several times as DS grows into different phases. It's by a midwife and Waldorf educator.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • I like to read David Sedaris on vacations.  I LOVE his books and they're always good for a third or fourth read.  

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • If you haven't already read it, Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) is a really easy read and pretty entertaining. 
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"