Swim Suits — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Swim Suits

DH and I are going on a trip sans kiddos in two weeks. I'd like to get a new swimsuit for the trip. I'm not in perfect shape (decent), but I'd like to get something "sexy" or at least non mom style. Suggestions? Bonus for PIP.

Re: Swim Suits

• I should also say I've had 2 csections and have the scar to prove it.
  • I really like Land's End swim suits. Some of them are a bit mom-ish, but I am a little larger on the top, and they have suits specially geared for that. Which for me means that I can run after DS without worrying about popping out. They do cost a little bit more though, like $50 for a suit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Two piece or one?? I just got one from VS that's a one piece, it's rouched on the front and back, and the top part is like a halter so it shows off some boob-age. But not in a bad way....I'll still wear it to the beach with the fam. It was a little pricey but I had a gift card so that helped :P. I can't link on mobile....but maybe try there?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC #2 since 9/2014

My Ovulation Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bhuffman
  • Land's End Canvas has some cute one pieces, and regular Land's End does have some non-frumpy styles.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I've had good luck with j.crew swimsuits.
    DD - 12/31/13
  • I bought the bikini version and and a smaller top with a similar bottom.  

• Macy's... I have a kenneth Cole tankini I love. flattering, quality thick fabric, sexy, but modest enough.

Anne Cole is great too.

I'm currently rocking a lands end. It's a little more "momish" than I prefer, but maybe next summer when I lose these crazy nursing boobs.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • zbeesma86zbeesma86
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    go to VS or Target and try a bunch on!

That's what I did when I was suit shopping earlier this year.

Edit- you can pick style and color and see what works for you. :)

Where are you going on your trip?
  • hls19 said:

We are headed to FL. We fly out on Saturday (day before Mother's Day) and get back Wednesday eve. I'm excited to "get away" for a few days.
    zbeesma86Arnegard
  • bhuffman said:

We are headed to FL. We fly out on Saturday (day before Mother's Day) and get back Wednesday eve. I'm excited to "get away" for a few days.
    Niiiiice! What part?
  • I had gotten this one before I got pregnant, but had to return it because I will be huge this summer. It was really cute on.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/robin-piccone-penelope-crochet-overlay-one-piece-swimsuit/3240353?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Oasis

MomIn2013bhuffman
  • I have last year's version of this Target suit. It's cute and flattering, but maybe not sexy enough for a kid free vacation.

http://m.target.com/p/clean-water-women-s-swim-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14764600
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards