Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Backwards BBTs after miscarriage

Hello Everyone! I had a miscarriage at the 6 week mark on February 28th of this year. Once I stopped bleeding, I began taking BBTs again to decipher what was going on with my body. From the point of my miscarriage to my next menstrual cycle was 33 days- PERFECT. I had not seen a perfect cycle since June 2013. I was ecstatic that my cycles had "regulated" so quickly... (or so I thought.) The only thing about last month was I noticed my temps were lower (but still slightly above coverline) in the luteul phase than they should be and my luteul phase ended up being 8 days instead of the usual unfailing 12. I brushed this off as "the first cycle after miscarriage" believing that it was expected to be wacky. Well... this cycle however, my temps raised throughout the follicular phase (like they should have for the luteul and at day 17 (when I was supposed to ovulate) they dropped and have stayed low. There is a clear biphasic pattern and the switch from high to low took place on what I predicted to be ovulation day (assuming after one perfect cycle I would have another perfect cycle). I don't know if I ovulated and some kind of imbalance is creating a flip flop of the hormones or if I just haven't ovulated, or if I will ovulate maybe 17 days after the "drop" took place. If I haven't ovulated, I have no signs of it happening any time in the near future. I usually get EWCM for a week before it takes place, but there was no sign of it this month.  I am so tired of the rigamarole my body is yanking me through. I had PERFECT cycles until this past year, and all of the sudden I get these wacky 56-58 day cycles. I thought I figured out what was causing them (various herbs/vitamins) but... I took myself off all of them except a prenatal which I have been taking regularly since we found out we were expecting on Feb. 14. Has anyone else had trouble like this, or something goofy with their temps backwards?

Re: Backwards BBTs after miscarriage

• Hello Everyone! I had a miscarriage at the 6 week mark on February 28th of this year. Once I stopped bleeding, I began taking BBTs again to decipher what was going on with my body. From the point of my miscarriage to my next menstrual cycle was 33 days- PERFECT. I had not seen a perfect cycle since June 2013. I was ecstatic that my cycles had "regulated" so quickly... (or so I thought.) The only thing about last month was I noticed my temps were lower (but still slightly above coverline) in the luteul phase than they should be and my luteul phase ended up being 8 days instead of the usual unfailing 12. I brushed this off as "the first cycle after miscarriage" believing that it was expected to be wacky. Well... this cycle however, my temps raised throughout the follicular phase (like they should have for the luteul and at day 17 (when I was supposed to ovulate) they dropped and have stayed low. There is a clear biphasic pattern and the switch from high to low took place on what I predicted to be ovulation day (assuming after one perfect cycle I would have another perfect cycle). I don't know if I ovulated and some kind of imbalance is creating a flip flop of the hormones or if I just haven't ovulated, or if I will ovulate maybe 17 days after the "drop" took place. If I haven't ovulated, I have no signs of it happening any time in the near future. I usually get EWCM for a week before it takes place, but there was no sign of it this month.  I am so tired of the rigamarole my body is yanking me through. I had PERFECT cycles until this past year, and all of the sudden I get these wacky 56-58 day cycles. I thought I figured out what was causing them (various herbs/vitamins) but... I took myself off all of them except a prenatal which I have been taking regularly since we found out we were expecting on Feb. 14. Has anyone else had trouble like this, or something goofy with their temps backwards?

This isn't really the board for this type of question. Try TTCAL, but make sure to read the PSA at the top of this board first.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"