Multiples

BTDT MoM's - Schedule /Routine?

My triplets are now 4months old/1 mo adjusted. I keep reading that for everyone's benefit that it is good to get them on some type of schedule or routine, which makes sense to me.

When did you start getting into some type of a schedule? And how do you go about it? I guess I'm just not sure where to start. Any tips?
Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
TTC #2 since ~June 2010
IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
EDD: March 22, 2013
It's triplets!!

Re: BTDT MoM's - Schedule /Routine?

• I am assuming for your sanity you are marking everything down. When they eat, sleep (for how long), how much they are eating and pooping/peeing.
    It took our triplets about 2-3 months, by 3 months we HAD a routine (3 month adjusted). Just look at those sheets and you will start seeing patterns. If you are so inclined put it into a spreadsheet to see it. The sleep patterns will emerge. GL
  • We got more serious about a schedule around 4 months (2.5 adjusted). One tip is to start each day at the same time. For us our routine begins at 6 am.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • We started right away but they ended up on own 3 hour schedule. We just made sure all 3 were on same 3 hour one lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We let them set the schedule and followed in suit. They nap every 2-3 hrs, eat after nap, play, repeat.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am assuming for your sanity you are marking everything down. When they eat, sleep (for how long), how much they are eating and pooping/peeing. It took our triplets about 2-3 months, by 3 months we HAD a routine (3 month adjusted). Just look at those sheets and you will start seeing patterns. If you are so inclined put it into a spreadsheet to see it. The sleep patterns will emerge. GL
    All this.....except for twins instead of trips in my case. :) I watched the patterns, fed and put them down at the same time, and just tried to maintain the same intervals (like eat every 3 hours, sleep every hour and a half etc.). GL!

• I am assuming for your sanity you are marking everything down. When they eat, sleep (for how long), how much they are eating and pooping/peeing.
    It took our triplets about 2-3 months, by 3 months we HAD a routine (3 month adjusted). Just look at those sheets and you will start seeing patterns. If you are so inclined put it into a spreadsheet to see it. The sleep patterns will emerge. GL

All this.....except for twins instead of trips in my case. :) I watched the patterns, fed and put them down at the same time, and just tried to maintain the same intervals (like eat every 3 hours, sleep every hour and a half etc.). GL!

This for me as well. I even did this w my singleton. I logged for about 4 months and then reinforced the pattern that emerged.

• Yep. I agree with everyone - they naturally developed their own patterns and schedule as they matured. I use the ibaby app to track feeds and sleeping, and the visual chart helped me see the emerging patterns. The book Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Twins also helped knowing what was normal for their adjusted age.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Thanks everyone. We've been tracking everything so I'll just wait to see when a pattern emerges. My older DS fell into his own schedule easily, just wasn't sure if it was something I would need to actively work on with more than one! I think for starters I need to get them eating at the same time during the day. We do one up all up at night but are more relaxed during the day. Mostly because we have help and can do it like that. But I think that will be my first step! Thanks again!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"