Babies: 0 - 3 Months

CONSTANT "Soothing" nursing? When to worry...?

Any suggestions for soothing a LO that is consistently crying if he is not nursing? If he is awake, he is literally always nursing or fussy. No willingness to sit, to swing or be put down *at all*. I know much of this is normal but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something obvious- some discomfort from an intolerance or allergy? Something else that might be a problem? I am EBF. LO is 5 weeks. (Please excuse the ticker- It's all wrong and can't seem to fix it)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: CONSTANT "Soothing" nursing? When to worry...?

• Glad to know its normal. My 5 1/2 week old is doing the same thing. I'm breast feeding and it's wearing me out since I GUESS I'm supposed to feed on demand right now? I thought I was spoiling her too much. Haha
  • Babies gonna baby.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • AlikiAliki member
    Sounds totally normal! Typically baby behavior!
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried stroller walking / outside yet? My little guy loves being outside!
  • My dd keeps changing up what positions she likes on me.  She'll love to be cradled for a while, then will change to only being happy when upright.  Then she'll switch it back again, but will only want to be on my right arm.  You could definitely be dealing with cluster feeding because of a growth spurt, but I would suggest changing up positions when you're trying to comfort your LO, too.  I spent a lot of time frustrated that she was crying in her "favorite" position, only to find that she calmed down in some new position.  My newest trick is burping her, even if she hasn't eaten.  For some reason sitting up and getting pats on the back seems to snap her out of her fussiness for long enough that I can try something new.
    Mother to Emmy, born February 2014
  • flclflcl member
    have you tried baby wearing?  it helps soothe my LO when he's fussy.
  • CHS2005 said:
    Any suggestions for soothing a LO that is consistently crying if he is not nursing? If he is awake, he is literally always nursing or fussy. No willingness to sit, to swing or be put down *at all*. I know much of this is normal but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something obvious- some discomfort from an intolerance or allergy? Something else that might be a problem? I am EBF. LO is 5 weeks. (Please excuse the ticker- It's all wrong and can't seem to fix it)

Sorry to hear that :(  I think it's normal tough.

"Don't worry about the haters... They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"