New to Infertility | Post Cancer — The Bump
Infertility Veterans

New to Infertility | Post Cancer

Hi all! I'm so thankful to be joining a group with such supportive people - hopefully you'll have me even though I am more of a newbie to the IF world.

I am 28 and DH is 36 and we started trying for a family just 1 year ago. In December I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3A - hence the reason I couldn't get pregnant. I am extremely lucky in that the cancer was slow progressing and I had surgery to remove both tubes, my right ovary and 75%of my left ovary. I couldn't be more grateful in how the situation has turned out - it could have gone so drastically the other way.

With medical clearance from my oncologist, DH and I are now TTC post cancer using frozen donor eggs. It's crazy to think this is even happening as I was sure we would have no options other than adopting, which we are completely open to. We have a transfer date tentatively set for early May - the process has been eye opening to say the least! Anyone else out there using frozen donor eggs? Any tips for the needle phobic to endure the PIO shots?

Pregnancy Ticker

Married September 3, 2011 | TTC since May 2013
Me: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013, underwent fertility sparing surgery which left low ovarian reserve, no tubes, partial ovary | DH: perfectly normal 
BFP: 5/30/2014 via donor eggs | EDD: 2/6/2015

Re: New to Infertility | Post Cancer

• Hi there! I am so sorry for all you've been through. You have been through so, so much. Big hugs. I think you will actually want to post on the infertility board because this particular board is for ladies who have been posting on The Bump boards for 6 mos + without success. Another fantastic board (that I am also on due to donor embryos) is the Third Party Reproduction board. But you're going to get loads of support with both. Good luck in May!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)
    My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014! 

My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards