December 2014 Moms

Talking to baby

Anybody else already doing it? I find myself doing it on and off, mostly when I'm feeling a little nauseous or crampy lol
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Talking to baby

• I do :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Not yet. This poor kid is going to have such a 2nd child complex.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Also baby can't hear until somewhere around 16 weeks.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• No - still having to stop myself from buying more pregnancy tests.  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Also baby can't hear until somewhere around 16 weeks.
    Haha, logically I know this. I also know that it's not really baby causing my crampiness and nausea, but I guess I'm just excited.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • The last few days more and more, now that the idea of being pregnant is really settling in since I have had a sit down with the doctor and they confirmed things with a blood test.  I'm still about 12 days away from my first u/s and at that point (if everything goes well), I think I will find myself doing it even more.
    Pregnancy Ticker

It's a Boy!  Can't wait to meet the newest man in my life!  

BabyFetus Ticker

• I have been a little bit.  I know it's really early, but it seems like a nice habit to get into.
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• not yet! but i do rub tend to rub my tummy alot :x

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Adoreb said:

not yet! but i do rub tend to rub my tummy alot :x

This!! If I get nervous or sad I just rub my little bean's home and know I'm in good company haha
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Adoreb said:

not yet! but i do rub tend to rub my tummy alot :x

This!! If I get nervous or sad I just rub my little bean's home and know I'm in good company haha
    I do this a lot too :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lol I'm still trying to convince myself that I AM pregnant and that its not just some energy-sucking-boob-crushing disease I've contracted. Am I the only one that almost can't believe there's a baby growing??

I spend more time talking to myself at this point I think lol.

Edited for grammarz
    Haha, yes, I'm still a little more in that place.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I do, but at first I had to be convinced to do it. Even to really touch my tummy! It was, honestly, my therapist's recommendation. Because of my history, I've been really nervous and reluctant to connect. But when it comes down to it, staying aloof won't help me if I had another loss. It would be terrible no matter what. So I'm sticking with the idea that things are fine as far as I know, and I'm getting more used to talking to this little bean, and holding my bloated belly :) DH is also talking to the LO. Baby can't hear us (yet!), but talking to it is soothing to me, and anything that makes me feel better is likely good for him/her, right? 
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• I haven't been talking but I know I will. I will put my hand on my belly just because I think it is the coolest freakin thing that we're growing little people right now. Also think it's so neat to know that the little sprinkle (yes, I nicknamed it sprinkle because when I found out I used a sprinkle to tell a friend) and I will be together for the next 8 months. So cool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I'm in the camp of refusing to take additional pregnancy tests bc I'm afraid they will all of a sudden be negative. Also in the camp where I am keeping excitement and connection to baby at bay until I hear heartbeat and see it.
  • I've been talking to the baby on and off, mostly to ask it why it is making me so nauseous/tired/weepy... But also just to say hi occasionally. I know baby can't hear me yet, but it's nice for me to get in practice, since this is my first LO.

It definitely does feel way more real after the first appt. We just had ours yesterday, and I keep remembering the little heartbeat, and it makes me feel all glowy. :D

BabyFetus Ticker

• Not yet. I think I need to at least get through my first appointment and have it feel more real (while optimistic, my PgAL brain gets the best of me). Although the babes can't hear our voices for quite some time anyway...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think, for me anyway, this baby, while not exactly planned, was so wanted that I can't help it lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • A couple days ago I actually sat myself down and forced myself to talk to the baby. It felt a little weird, honestly--I'm not sure why since I have no problem talking to myself, heh. It's just hard to believe there's really a raspberry-sized human inside me. I think I'll start talking to him/her more after I have my first ultrasound and get to see the evidence. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mrw218 said:

I'm in the camp of refusing to take additional pregnancy tests bc I'm afraid they will all of a sudden be negative. Also in the camp where I am keeping excitement and connection to baby at bay until I hear heartbeat and see it.

Agreed. Feels too good to be true.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gradschoolmom1234 - I do something very similar, and so does DH. It's a little like asking for t&ps here - it doesn't have a direct effect, but it seems good for the soul!
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"