Babies on the Brain
Options

Different period symptoms after coming off of the pill?

I stopped the pill early March and have yet to get a period.  All week I have been tired, achy, moody, and my nipples are SO sore.  When I was on the pill my boobs would just hurt, but not as much the nipples. Just wondering if it is normal to get completely different period signs and symptoms once of the pill.  Thanks!

Re: Different period symptoms after coming off of the pill?

• Options
    Oh and I also took a pregnancy test not that long ago just to rule that out. 
  • Options
    Very normal. Your body has to get used to regulating hormones on its own again so it can take a while to find a new normal. Even then cycles and symptoms can change at anytime. If you reach 60 days without a period or positive HPT you can call your doctor to jump start your cycle.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very Normal. Mind you I wasn't on BC for very long, to start off with. Even still it takes a while for your body to get used to the changes. Funny how a small little pill can really do wonders eh?
  • Options
    I experienced this about a month ago after I stopped taking the pill.  It's a pain.  It lasted a few weeks and then I just finally got my period.  I think my levels are finally leveling out now.  It's normal. :)
    BFP #1: 12/15/12 DD1 born 8/30/13
    BFP #2: 9/23/14 Confirmed MC at 5w1d
    Surprise BFP! 10/27/14 EDD: 7/3/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My sex drive came back, too!  That is the only new change that I like! :)
  • Options
    I am hoping to get a period soon, if I don't get one by May 10th that would be 60 days. However, before going on the pill I did have longer cycles (about 40 days) when I know most women are about 28 days.  So maybe that is why it is taking awhile. 
  • Options
    shaina925 said:
    I am hoping to get a period soon, if I don't get one by May 10th that would be 60 days. However, before going on the pill I did have longer cycles (about 40 days) when I know most women are about 28 days.  So maybe that is why it is taking awhile. 
    Nope. 

28 days is what people think is normal, but the "normal" range is a bit larger than that.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Ok well I meant average was about 28-30... or at least I thought.  That is what my doctor told me a few years back. 
  • Options
    Not to be gross or TMI, but I smell different down there. I'm assuming that is also from getting off the pill?
  • Options
    Lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"