August 2014 Moms
Options

Week 24: How are you feeling?

Hello lovely ladies! 

I'm at the week 24 mark and starting to noticeably pop and with that seemingly sudden growth spurt i'm starting to feel a large mix of emotions that I really hadn't felt until now. My first round of preggy clothes are getting snug and I cannot satiate this hunger, so i'm getting really overwhelmed. On the other hand, it's starting to feel more real than ever! The baby kicks are getting stronger and I can feel my baby girl moving fairly often throughout the day which lights up my heart. I'm starting to daydream more about what she'll look like and who she'll take after... I guess in short, i'm on an emotional rollercoaster! Crying happily at reality tv shows and then fuming at having to march my pregnant ass 6 blocks to get a snack because I ate everything in the apartment lol Phew! 

What week are you at and how are you feeling? 

Re: Week 24: How are you feeling?

• Options
    My son was hugging my leg and I couldn't see him past the bump. :/ it makes me cringe about the ob weight check coming on Thursday.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    kcm3kcm3 member
    24 Weeks tomorrow. It's feeling like it's moving quickly all of a sudden and I'm resigning myself to the fact that I'm just going to be exhausted most of this pregnancy.  I'm in that place right now where I simultaneously want to speed up and slow down time.This will be our last baby, so I want to savor the pregnancy as much as I can.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fat. Just fat. My hips are killing me too. I can't wait to be able to walk normal again
  • Options
    Week 26 and my back is killing me, I have diarrhea, a sore throat and headache. But I think I'm getting sick. DS had a cold that developed into pneumonia, and taking care of him is wearing me down. My mom comes tomorrow to help for a few days which will be amazing.

Before I got sick I felt great though! I get tired more easily, and there is no question that I am pregnant. Picking up DS is getting more awkward, and I'm trying to not do it as often.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    schnookee said:
    Fat. Just fat. My hips are killing me too. I can't wait to be able to walk normal again
    Yup. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I "ran" three miles this morning.. but it was a slow plod interspersed with walking breaks. Sigh. I'm 21 weeks. If I could just not get any bigger, that'd be great.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I hope I don't jinx myself but I'm feeling great! Aside from peeing every 30 seconds I have no major complaints. My libido has finally picked up too so I have a happy husband. Seriously before this week I can not remember the last time we had sex. 
  • Options
    24 weeks, mostly feeling great except the last two days I've woken up around 3-4am nauseous, even threw up monday morning.  No fun!  
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • Options
    25 weeks, I was having some intense hip pain since Bella is hanging out much lower than her brothers ever did. I got my maternity belt yesterday and it's amazing!!! I noticed a big difference this evening. Other than hip pain I'm feeling okay. I cry easier but I have had a bit of a break from the mood swings. Been wanting to nest lately also.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    23 almost 24. I am starting to get uncomfortable with sleep, starting to pop, and starting to plan his room and DD's new room. We are struggling with a name as well.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    24 weeks tomorrow and all around I'm feeling good! Sleeping with a pillow between my legs, getting comments from coworkers that I'll need to buy new scrub tops (btw jerks, these ARE maternity scrub tops!) & I've had to demo how stretchy they are. I'm oddly not overly hungry these days - usually have to remind myself to eat the fruit I brought to work as a snack. Baby is moving almost constantly, squirming around all the time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Alyson718 said:
    Week 25 and starting to get really uncomfortable. I feel huge and after seeing other moms around my week I am. It's all belly and boobs and it feels like they are crushing my lungs and stomach
    This. I went to the zoo yesterday with dd & saw a woman with the same maternity shirt that I had on, so I said hi & we giggled. She asked when I was due and she said she was due in June. I felt SO much more gigantic than her!!!  :(

• Options
    21 weeks. I've gained 10 lbs this entire pregnancy. When she goes through growth spurts I get really upset because I feel huge. On the weekends I try to get out and walk and that helps the bloat and huge bump feeling. I'm ready for it to be over...lol.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    This pregnancy feels so different than my first. After about half the day goes by my belly hurts. I am not used to that, but I am carrying differently, so I just got a maternity belt to see if that helps. My ankles are swelling much earlier too. BP is fine, though, so that's good. I guess I just feel more exhausted & I don't like it. I finally had to tell myself to slow down my pace of walking. I usually walk pretty fast in general, but now I can't. Oh well....slow down & smell the flowers? :)

• Options
    I'll be 25 weeks on Friday and I'm feeling great.  I might not say that if I didn't remember how much it sucked after 35 weeks last time so I'm trying to enjoy not being incredibly uncomfortable and swollen right now.

• Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    edited April 2014
    I'm 22 and a half weeks. I'm feeling pretty good other then having terrible heartburn 24/7.

I'm also having trouble sleeping. Toss and turn a lot. It's gonna get worse before it gets better so I'm trying not to whine too much about it...yet.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Besides the fact that my legs have fused into a leg, I feel pretty good. 24 weeks has been the best week so far. I am learning how to make it through life without sleep so I should be in good shape for baby E.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    25 weeks tomorrow, and I go back and forth between "holy crap, this pregnancy is FLYING by!" and "omg, I can't believe I still have 15+ more weeks of being prego."
  • Options
    I'm 25.5 weeks and while overall I still feel good, I'm definitely feeling LARGE! I can sympathize with all you ladies. 

.. first date 04/23/06 ♥..

.. engaged 10/08/11♥..

..  married 06/29/13 ♥..

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

• Options

I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday and aside from some minor issues with emotional crap/fatigue early on I've been feeling great the whole pregnancy.  But I have a feeling it's all about to catch up to me.  In the past week all of this has started:

-Trouble sleeping.  I'll try to sleep on my side, roll over to my back, snore, wake myself up from snoring, repeat all night long. I'm exhausted in the mornings.

-I've finally "popped" and feel like I am hauling my huge self out of chairs, out of bed, etc...  I can't imagine what it's going to be like in 10-12 weeks....

-The emotional/overdramatic issues that went away after the first trimester are back.  See my post about flipping out on H about the ice cream and waking him up at 3am to do so.

-I finally started wearing maternity clothes a few days ago so I am now getting comments from strangers.  I don't find it exciting.  I find it kind of odd.

-I have an OB appointment with my midwife today and I am dreading getting on the scale and drinking that stupid glucose drink.  Blech.

- I AM STILL not really feeling baby move and I know I have an anterior placenta and all that jazz but COME ON!  This is getting ridiculous! 

-And I am horny as hell and chasing H around like an 18 year old.  He can't keep up.

That's all I have for now.

: )  Ahh I feel better

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Everything hurts. Can't get comfortable. Feets and ankles are starting to swell like crazy. Panic has set in. Otherwise, just peachy ;)
    image  image image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ehh I have some good days and then other days I wanna cry!! And I do cry ha. My stomach is about the size I was at at 32-33 weeks last time and my feet hurt. Not swollen but they hurt all the time. I'm exhausted and gaining weight like crazy.

At the same time, I love the kicks and feeling baby move around. I would not change a thing.

• Options
    I'll be 25 weeks Friday.  I actually feel pretty good, aside from feeling super fat and kinda gross from being sweaty and having nasty discharge.  Not sleeping very well, but my pillow arrived today, and I'm excited to try it out!!!

I was having a LOT of BH today during my run/walk, like one every five minutes or so.  They've slowed down a lot, but definitely more today than ever before. 

Lots of leg and foot swelling, but I've had a few surgeries, so that's nothing new.  It just happens sooner than it used to.

I feel like I just complained a lot, but I am actually enjoying pregnancy right now.  I'm worried about when I am bigger and the weather is hotter, but right now, I'm reveling!  Baby has been more active lately too, and it feels wonderful!  :)
  • Options
    25 weeks and feeling HUGE. And insanely hungry, like where I never feel full enough. It's not cool.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"