August 2012 Moms
Options

Coloring everywhere phase

When does it end? They've done the flat screen tv, wood floor, walls, toys, me and their clothes! I turn my head for a second and it happens. They aren't allowed crayons unless we are coloring but they sneak off...

Re: Coloring everywhere phase

• Options
    i keep drilling DS with "only color on the paper."

do you have the crayola washable crayons, though? they are awesome. even if DS draws all over the table, it just wipes off.
  • Options
    DD is only allowed to color in her high chair.  The crayons are stored in one of our child-proof drawers.  This seems mean, to make her ask to color, but it also keeps the house neat and keeps her out of trouble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did buy the washable ones and they broke so easily I gave them regular ones.
  • Options

We have the thick washable one!  I used to make her sit in the high chair to color, and sometimes still do.  But have recently let her do it at the coffee table.  And I constantly say "on the paper" too!  We've had a few stray marks on the table or the floor, but they do wipe up easily.

I also got some bath crayons.  She's only used them once, but they were fun too.  I did tell DD that they were "special bath crayons".  Hopefully she doesn't think she can take them or her regular crayons to the walls!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We let her color her toys and that seems to sate her desire to color off the paper. They're her toys and we think she can play with them however she wants. (I have to admit though that it pains me a little to see the beautiful wooden blocks my brother gave her covered in crayon!)
  • Options
    @shankinro - Wow!  More power to you!  My mom gave DD some really nice wodden Melissa and Doug blocks for christmas.  My mom said, "oh DD can color them, or paint, them, or do whatever she wants with them".  Me ... I'm too anal to let her do that.  At least not yet! 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have a ziploc bag I keep DS's crayons in and he has to ask to color as well, like @piphigirl . Now, he is going wild outside with his chalk, though! In addition to the porch, he colors the fence, landscape rocks, railroad ties, MY CAR... At least it all washes off easily!
  • Options
    We got the markers that only color on special paper.  I don't have to worry about him coloring on the walls or his toys!   I found it at Target.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"