August 2012 Moms

Communion gift ideas?

I plan on giving the traditional check, but is there something else for a girl to give to open?

Re: Communion gift ideas?

• ccamccam member
    Jewelry?  Etsy is my go to place for stuff like that - they have really cute initial necklaces or bracelets that are pretty reasonable.  

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Second on jewelry. A pretty necklace - they will outgrow a bracelet, but an awesome necklace can be worn when they are older. DD1 can't remember a thing she got for her communion, but she wears the necklace my sister gave her at most formal(ish) events.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree to the necklace idea!  My sister got a necklace for her first communion when she was little.  She is DD's god mother, and for DD's baptism she gave DD that necklace.  It was such a cute and sentimental idea!

Another idea is a nice picture frame.  Sometimes I find religious frames have too much on them.  But if you can find a simple one, those are always nice!

BTW - I have no idea what I got as first communion gifts.  But I vagely remember getting a tape recorder.  Which has nothing to do with communion?  But I played with that thing for years!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"