December 2014 Moms
Options

1st ultrasound appt question

frenchy816frenchy816 member
edited April 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I'm sitting here talking with DH about scheduling our first appt to see what works for both of us. I'll be about 7 weeks. For those of you who have been through it, should I expect an internal ultrasound  at 7 weeks? Can/Should DH come with me to this one? Or is it not worth it? We would rather not have him miss work as he would have to use vacation day for it. 

ETA: fixed title

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008

Re: 1st ultrasound appt question

• Options
    Yes, it will be internal.

As for DH coming with you, that's totally up to you. Will he regret not getting to see the little bean for the first time? We saw DD's heartbeat at 7 weeks. Also, to look at it from all angles, if you were to receive bad news, would you be ok by yourself? DH went with me to all u\s appointments, but not the monthly checkups.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ^^agreed!
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto PP also

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks! That helped a lot. I think I'll schedule my appt and let him choose. I asked him if he would regret it and told him to think about it. I don't need an answer now. :) 

• Options
    I will have my appt at around 8 weeks 6 days, and we ended up rescheduling it to make sure that not only we could go together, but we could do it at the end of the work day so we can go out to dinner afterwards or something like that.  I figure we with both be a bit overwhelmed and it'll absolutely be the first time DH is in an OB/GYN appointment with me, so we wanted to make sure we weren't rushing back to work and had some time to debrief.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My hubby is coming with me to my first appointment, and I don't even think we are getting an ultrasound. (I'm really hoping I can convince them to do it!)  Its just so much information to retain by myself and he is so excited that there is no way he was going to miss it! I'm sure this will be the only non-ultrasound appointment he comes to though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had our first appt at 6.2 weeks. I wish I would of scheduled it for later cause we didn't see much and she wants me back at 10 weeks. DH had to work and missed the appointment. This is our 2nd so to me I was ok with him working. I'd rather him be at the 20 week appointment than the first one this time around if anything. But if it was my first, I would want him there for the very first appointment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think you should ask ahead for an ultrasound if you want one. they don't usually do it unless you are not certain about your lmp or have some concerns. 7 weeks is a good time to get the first ultrasound because you should be able to see the hb.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Meether said:
    I think you should ask ahead for an ultrasound if you want one. they don't usually do it unless you are not certain about your lmp or have some concerns. 7 weeks is a good time to get the first ultrasound because you should be able to see the hb.
    The nurse at my RE mentioned ultrasound on the phone today when I spoke to her, but I was going to ask if DH is allowed in the room for it since it will be internal. 

• Options
    I had to special request an u/s at my 6 week first appointment. We scheduled the u/s for 7w1d and it was abdominal and we saw the heart beating! Def recommend dh attending. It was special!
  • Options
    ZAP12ZAP12 member

Meether said:

The nurse at my RE mentioned ultrasound on the phone today when I spoke to her, but I was going to ask if DH is allowed in the room for it since it will be internal. 

Husbands are definitely allowed at all ultrasounds no matter what kind. It's nothing he hasn't seen before ;) You might want to warn him ahead of time so he knows what to expect.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DH wanted to be there. He could when I had an early one with DD. Luckily, it was too early for heartbeat. But he didn't want to miss the first one this time. I think we were both worried something would be wrong since my progesterone is low. Your DH shouldn't have to miss a full day. My u/s took 25 minutes. maybe they have evening hours??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"