Stay at Home Moms
Options

And playing the role of Hav today...

is me and ALL my random posts.

Do you use the same Easter basket every year or what?

Re: And playing the role of Hav today...

• Options
    I did when DD was little but the past few years, I've been using different ones and making them part of the gift. This year I bought her a little tote she can use at camp and had it monogrammed. Two years ago I got her a shower basket {also for camp} and filled it with her bunny stuff. A year ago, I completely forgot about basket stuff bc we were in NC for BILs wedding. MOTY.
  • Options
    I was planning on it, unless he destroys it between now and then.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last year I waited too late and they didn't have much left, so I got an ugly tin jungle themed bucket. This year, I found a cute little felt fox one at target. I doubt it'll hold up year after year, so I really need to find one that I want for the long haul.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    I did when DD was little but the past few years, I've been using different ones and making them part of the gift. This year I bought her a little tote she can use at camp and had it monogrammed. Two years ago I got her a shower basket {also for camp} and filled it with her bunny stuff. A year ago, I completely forgot about basket stuff bc we were in NC for BILs wedding. MOTY.
  • Options
    We use one basket. We got PBK baskets and liners the kids first Easters and we don't intend to ever replace them.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have used the same one for DD the past two years, but I think I'll get her a new one this year. It's pretty small, and now that she's older I'm getting her bigger toys to put in there. DS will need a basket now, I suppose...what do you give a 2 month old for Easter?
  • Options
    I got a 4 mo. old diaper covers, socks in eggs, teethers, sippy cup, spoons and bowls, bibs and a stuffed bunny.
  • Options
    Kinda. I have a few different baskets and I just pull out the one that looks like it will hold the loot the best. But I don't plan on buy a new basket ever. Unless it is what you are describing @kateMW. Where the bag can be used throughout the year. But no new easter basket each year
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, same basket. We put them out at night for the Easter bunny to fill

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been reusing, but I like the idea of something useful as the container.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been re-using until this year. I found a cute little pink one in Target I loved and it was cheap, so I got a new one. 
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Since we know I think a basket will take my kids to hell...I got them buckets. DS1's sand buckets from last year are cracked, so I was going to buy a new one anyway. DS2 is into dumping things out so I got him a small pail to do that with.

See, I'm not totally opposed to or immune to stuff! My bark is worse than my bite. I get frustrated, but I don't totally abstain. In past years I didn't buy DS1 a basket because he got so many from other people. Those were donated before we moved. And DS2 was a fetus last year.

• Options
    joirish said:

Since we know I think a basket will take my kids to hell...I got them buckets. DS1's sand buckets from last year are cracked, so I was going to buy a new one anyway. DS2 is into dumping things out so I got him a small pail to do that with.

See, I'm not totally opposed to or immune to stuff! My bark is worse than my bite. I get frustrated, but I don't totally abstain. In past years I didn't buy DS1 a basket because he got so many from other people. Those were donated before we moved. And DS2 was a fetus last year.

ETA: I am not morally opposed to baskets. My kids will just use buckets. The buckets are not a symbolic protest.

• Options
    Nope I just get a new one at the dollar store every year. I did recycle the eggs for our Easter egg hunts from the one we did at the y/the ones at the kids preschools.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same one every year and same cheap plastic eggs to fill.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I get new dollar store baskets every year. Sorry, earth.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Yes they all three have matching baskets with their names on the liners. I just got Luke's yesterday!
  • Options
    We use one basket. We got PBK baskets and liners the kids first Easters and we don't intend to ever replace them.
    Same
  • Options
    I plan to use the same ones every year. I bought DD1 a white basket last year with a lavender liner and found a matching white with pink one this year for DD2.

• Options
    DS and DD still use the same basket we bought their first Easters
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, same one every year. It's pretty small, so it hold mostly chocolate. Then we put the other gifts around it.
  • Options
    This year I have 3 good quality ones, and I'm planning on reusing them. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    We use the same ones. But, we have been using kinda random smallish ones that don't match and aren't big enough. For next year, I'd like to get some "nicer" ones and keep using the new ones every year. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have two small woven baskets my mom sent us from her eclectic basket collection and then a felt bunny basket from Target for Owen. This is what we did last year:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"