July 2014 Moms

Even "regular posters" can turn out to be BSC (and evil).

TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
edited April 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Has anyone else seen this?!? https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12320471/a-very-special-thursday-night-confession/p7 Apparently a regular poster from another BMB collected donations for a grieving mom, then kept the money for herself. Then tried to cover it up before posting this extremely BSC confession stating she used the money for a glider for herself. :-o UPDATE: It turns out that the OP in that thread is not actually the offender. The real thief, one of the board's mods (!!) has not actually showed up to defend herself or explain herself. It is not known that she actually used the money for a glider, it is just assumed based on her complaining about not receiving an expensive glider as a gift in another thread.

Re: Even "regular posters" can turn out to be BSC (and evil).

• Wow....what gets me is that she didn't even shy away from the situation. Instead, she almost boasted her intentions and there was not even a single drop of regret or true apology in her OP. True definition of a bitch. I'm pretty sure child services needs to be contacted.
  • Loading the player...
  • What the crap??? Seriously? Who does that? She needs to pay back all that money that she took under false pretenses that NEVER WAS INTENDED FOR HER!
  • What the actual fuck?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just WTH? Wow.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gahhhh. Be wary ladies. Be very wary. I say this even though my BFFs are pretty much from my days on the knot from when I got married in 2005.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Wow....what gets me is that she didn't even shy away from the situation. Instead, she almost boasted her intentions and there was not even a single drop of regret or true apology in her OP. True definition of a bitch. I'm pretty sure child services needs to be contacted.
    This was my thought too.  I really hope that woman is not actually pregnant (and faking a pregnancy is also part of her BSC persona) because she is clearly a sociopath.  Yikes :(

• Oh my gosh.. You always hear about stuff like this but for some reason I still didn't think it really happened! What an evil lady!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather

Southern CA

2nd Pregnancy

May 2012 -- MC

Due Date July 5, 2014 <--- prayers for sticky baby 

• The OP isn't the person who actually did it. It was a callout. The person who took the money was actually one of their mods.
    :-o

This makes me feel a little better about how absolutely insane the confession was... but the fact that it was a mod makes it worse!

• woah. that's really sad.  I didn't read the whole thread.  How did the BMB find out that the money was stolen?
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • how awful :(
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• so bizarre, but some people are pretty awful. I didn't read through the whole thing because it was pissing me off, but I think karma will come back around for this lady..

• Yeah, don't think the mod has come out and confessed anything about where the money went. The OP just assumed it was a glider because of a BSC entitled post the mod made about her MIL not wanting to buy her a $1000 rocker/glider. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Huahine said:
    woah. that's really sad.  I didn't read the whole thread.  How did the BMB find out that the money was stolen?
    They asked for proof that she had given the money to the designated charity (over $500 of donations) and she donated $25 and then photo-shopped her bank statement to make it look like she gave more.  They also called the charity and confirmed that no donation of $500 was made.  It sounds like other people have already looked into possible legal ramifications and likely nothing can be done about it. 

• Thanks for the cliffnotes, @TallMomma29.  That sounds pretty conclusive.  Unfortunate that the thief won't be held accountable in any real way.  

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So unfortunate. Wow.
  • The OP isn't the person who actually did it. It was a callout. The person who took the money was actually one of their mods.

Oh wow. So the plot thickens. I saw her name mentioned multiple times but i didnt catch on to the fact that she did it. Well, Idc who did it, how they did it or why they did it. In the end, they made their decision and it was a shitty shitty thing to do. Jeez. Ya can't be nice to someone without there being some fucked up person thrown in the mix :|
  • For anyone curious, here is the original post about the glider:

She was upset that her MIL only bought her a crib, dresser, and nightstand, and did not also purchase the $1000 glider they registered for, and it wasn't fair because it was the glider that matched their other furniture and they couldn't afford the glider on their own.  (!?!?) 

Ummmm... If someone posted something that ridiculous here, you can bet I would not trust that person to handle donations.  But that is based on only seeing one post.  I guess a lot of the posters got to know her bitchy personality over time and liked her/trusted her despite posts like that. 

• TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited April 2014
    Huahine said:
    Thanks for the cliffnotes, @TallMomma29.  That sounds pretty conclusive.  Unfortunate that the thief won't be held accountable in any real way.  

I've been unable to slepe since 3 a.m. and I actually have 3 different briefs I should be writing but instead I got caught up reading about the late night breast feeding/diaper changing woes of March 2014, which ultimately led to that post.  I really delved way too much into something that does not at all involve me but I just can't believe it!

Now it's 6 a.m. and I am both tired and have accomplished nothing.  Other than perhaps to now be more wary of pretty much everyone on the internet.  Ugh! 

• Some people suck :(
  • This is insane.  I only read her confession and not the 8 other pages, but I can't even imagine.

Our Feb 13 group donated 2k to a mom who said her husband left her suddenly (after giving birth to their 3rd child unassisted, but that's another story) and she had no money.  Luckily it all got to her, that wasn't the problem.  The problem is that we're pretty sure she lied and made the whole thing up.  We'll never know.
    Something similar happened with my SIL's pregnancy board (on a different site).  I forget the details on how they figured it out, but they determined that the girl was actually lying after they had donated a bunch of money and stuff to her.  It's sad because stories like that make it really difficult to help ladies in those situations because at the end of the day it is the internet and you really have no way of knowing whether someone's heart wrenching story is true or not. 

• That is just horrible. I don't understand how someone can do such a thing

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• This is just more proof that in general, people suck. A friend and I have an ongoing list of people that the universe needs to apologize and take responsibility for, and this bitch just got added.
    Oh wow. So the plot thickens. I saw her name mentioned multiple times but i didnt catch on to the fact that she did it. Well, Idc who did it, how they did it or why they did it. In the end, they made their decision and it was a shitty shitty thing to do. Jeez. Ya can't be nice to someone without there being some fucked up person thrown in the mix :|
    The original thread is NOT a confession, it's a call out thread. The mod/thief/Erbear1010 hasn't come back to defend herself. Her last post was April 8th. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • aliletz said:
    For anyone curious, here is the original post about the glider:

She was upset that her MIL only bought her a crib, dresser, and nightstand, and did not also purchase the $1000 glider they registered for, and it wasn't fair because it was the glider that matched their other furniture and they couldn't afford the glider on their own.  (!?!?) 

Ummmm... If someone posted something that ridiculous here, you can bet I would not trust that person to handle donations.  But that is based on only seeing one post.  I guess a lot of the posters got to know her bitchy personality over time and liked her/trusted her despite posts like that. 

I'm scratching my head that everyone was defending her on that post?!?!?
    Woah holy ass kissing batman!

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Karma is a bitch.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• I wonder what she told her husband, or if he's as crazy as her. I know my DH would ask "Where did this extra $500 come from?"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What fucking a selfish bitch. She shows no remorse about what she did. What a disgusting person. She totally gave the finger to the Mom that lost her baby. Unreal!!
    I hope her family and friends that bought her gifts knows how she really feels about them. Horrible, horrible person.
  • I wonder what she told her husband, or if he's as crazy as her. I know my DH would ask "Where did this extra $500 come from?"
    Mine would definitely be ashamed of my behavior and would likely think quite differently of me unless I showed true remorse and tried to fix it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, karma. Hope it finds her and beats her senseless.
    Mine would definitely be ashamed of my behavior and would likely think quite differently of me unless I showed true remorse and tried to fix it. 
    Mine too, he'd be disgusted
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mine too, he'd be disgusted

Same here! My DH was disgusted with me when I joked about keeping a book that was accidentally shipped from Amazon to our house but wasn't addressed to us. "That's a federal crime!" To be clear, I was kidding and he flipped out. DH doesn't find stealing remotely funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"