Preemies

Rotavirus Vaccine

Hey Ladies,
My LO was born just over 33weeks and is currently 8 weeks old. So about two weeks adjusted. Friday we went for his two month check up and everything is looking great and he got his shots and vaccines. It looks as if he is having a reaction to the Rotavirus vaccine, he has direrra and just looks so upset. He's eating often and keeping himself hydrated. Its just so hard to see him in such discomfort. I was wondering if anyone else's LO had a bad reaction. I was wondering if its server since he is a preemie maybe his digestive track isn't as mature. 
Any tips for helping with the discomfort would be great. I'm gonna call the doctor again tomorrow. 
Thanks

Re: Rotavirus Vaccine

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    My daughter had a fever after the two month shots but no diarrhea. It lasted for about 3-4 hours. Just keep doing what you're doing and watch his wet diapers. I think it's a good idea to call the doctor tomorrow if it continues. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • DS had a fever and his eating/pooping schedule was off for a few days. Call your ped and see if you can give him a dose of Tylenol- it helped my son a lot!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"