Working Moms
Options

Follow up on "thank you gift to boss"

I totally agree with the responses that stated gifts should flow down not up. But.... what if you're leaving your job on really good terms? Then is it appropriate to give a thank you gift? So far all I thought of was coffee-related and a thank-you note. But this guy has been uber flexible, threw me a very nice baby shower and got us gifts for the baby. I feel like he's done so much for me, and I never do anything in return because I'm of the mindset that it gives the wrong message when gifts flow up. Does leaving the company on good terms change the answer?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Follow up on "thank you gift to boss"

• Options
    Also - I've been trying to get rid of this siggy. I'm clearly not 105 weeks preggo!! Oye. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think a really nice than you note is the best thing. Small gift would be ok if you're leaving.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with that--- my biggest issue w/ the gift giving in the office (and I work in a dept where it was previously the norm up & down and I have had trouble stopping it even though I said from the get go I didn't want gifts for holidays etc) is the expectation of giving, both up & down.  But when leaving, there is no expectation of something in return & I think it is very thoughtful since obviously you think a lot of him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"