High-Risk Pregnancy

Playing the waiting game...(Formal introduction)

Hi Ladies,

I have posted on here a few times before but thought I would introduce myself. I am at this point feeling fairly discouraged and anxious about the next 10 weeks of my pregnancy. I feel like with my pregnancies I am in a constant waiting game to find out if things are ok, or if I am going to be high risk - so this seemed to be the best place to post, and yall have been so helpful before.

So I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first son, second pregnancy. My DD was born at 37 weeks exactly due to cholistasis. During her pregnancy we found out at 20 weeks that she had multiple choriod plexus cysts, we went through additional ultrasounds, waiting, testing and everything came back normal and she was born completely healthy, but it was all very stressful for me.

This time around we found out that our son (current pregnancy) had multiple choroid plexus cysts as well. I was much less anxious this time around and after another ultrasound everything looked just fine. I am obviously being watched closely for Cholistasis this time since the recurrence rate is about 75%. Then in addition to that I had a bout of contractions last week that put me in the hospital for 24 hours. Yesterday I found out that my daughter has fifths disease, and I am getting blood work today to see if I got it from her (I know from previous blood results that I have never had it before) and if I do get it from her that may mean additional monitoring or issues for baby boy.

I guess this is mostly a vent, but I guess I just feel like I am playing this waiting game, teetering on the edge of everything is fine and big medical issues with my pregnancy. It feels really hard and stressful to do with also having a 14 month running around. I know baby boy is growing well, and doing plenty of kicking for me - but I just worry a lot. Luckily work and DD keep me pretty busy or I think I might be overwhelmed with worry about it.

My current concern is about the fifths disease - has anyone had any experience with this, and how did things go? I will get more info from my doctor for sure tomorrow at my appointment.

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
DS born 6.12.14
#3 due 12.6.16

Re: Playing the waiting game...(Formal introduction)

• No experience but I wish you lots of luck!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• No experience directly except I also do not ave immunity to it (which s a miracle since I am a teacher!). I did want to share that I was exposed to 5ths several times with Ds pregnancy and I never got it. Hoping the same for you! Good luck!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"