Working Moms
Options

Just a vent, going to miss my baby at work :(

Sorry, it's just a vent that I'm really going to miss (and worry) about my baby when I go back to work in a few weeks. :(  We're first time parents still struggling each day (sleep deprivation, fussiness, etc.)  My husband will be home for the most part and I'll likely work part-time but of course it's so much easier when it's teamwork during maternity leave. *sigh*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image

Re: Just a vent, going to miss my baby at work :(

• Options
    *hugs* went through that phase too, and i must say, i still have that struggle even if my kid is now almost four. But you have to do what you have to do. Remind yourself that you are just doing what is best for your fam. Try to bring a digital photoframe in your office, or find a nice photo of your kid and put it on your cube. i dont know what else to say, but try to look at the brighter side. i totally understand how you feel. *more hugs*

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^ What she said :)  I didn't find it too tough with just one but two sent my head spinning for a good while but you DO find your groove.  Don't be hard on yourself if everything isn't perfect, because it won't be but being upset about it doesn't do any good and you just have to remember that you aren't alone in your struggles but we all come out (relatively lol) ok on the other end at some point :)  GL :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    @justifyyourlove‌: I go back next week and I am having serious anxiety. I randomly break down in tears.. I just started reading this board for encouragement! I guess all I have to say is.. I will think of you! :)
  • Options
    I know how you feel. Francesca is two and I still don't want to leave her when I'm getting her all ready for the sitter. I just want to hold her all day and take her to work with me. lol. That wouldn't work at all the days I have court though.
  • Options
    The first day is the hardest.   Try going back on a Wednesday or later, that way you can look forward to the weekend being near.  When I went back I actually forgot my doctor's release note, so I was sent back home.  I ended up calling my doctor and asking for another week off, because I realized I wasn't ready to go back.  If it wasn't for that I would've probably cried all day.  The second time around, when I went back for good, it was easier.  Guess my point is it's best to go back midweek, have the weekend to process your feelings.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I went back to work last Wednesday. I agree with the advice of going back mid week if possible. It definitely was not easy, and I had a relapse of all of the awful feelings last night/this morning. I find the most difficult time to be on the drive in - try to find some really positive music and blast it, loud. While I'm busy at work (I'm nonstop until it's time to leave) it passes quickly and then I'm on the way back home to my baby. It's tough, for sure, but just remind yourself that you're going back to work for your LO - to provide for you and them. Good luck - we we're all here together!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you all for your support.  It really means a lot and is so helpful; we all share the experience and feeling together.  It's definitely hard thinking about it sometimes especially feeling like you cannot be there for her yet working some for the family.  I'm hoping to work out a short first week than short shifts after so we're not apart all day.  It'll continue to be a day to day thing.  Going back will be emotional; it's great to be here. *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image
  • Options
    My first week back, I went half-days. I'm doing the same thing this time. It was a nice slow transition back. And it is hard, but it gets easier. Every morning as I drive DD to drop her off, I tell her about all the fun things she's going to do that day (started with tummy time and playing with special toys at grandma's and now it's stuff like coloring and going to the park or music class). I think those happy talks are as much for me or more as they are for DD. It helps me concentrate on the fact that she does have a great time while I'm at work. It's not like she lays around pining for me and thinking I'm a terrible mother for working. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"