February 2014 Moms

How did you meet your DH/SO?

2»

Re: How did you meet your DH/SO?

• I love all of the stories!

I was 19 at the time, DH was 24.

My best friend is DH's cousin. They were going to the same church at the time and their Bible study group was discussing dating. DH mentioned how it was hard to find girls to date in his line of work (he was self employed as a welder at the time), and that he wasn't the type to go to bars to find girls.

His cousin/ my friend heard him and half jokingly offered to set him up with one of her friends. He didn't realize she was joking and said "sure". So she called me a couple of days later and asked if I wanted to meet her cousin...I was like, "why would I want to meet your cousin?". Anyway, I ended up going on a double date with my friend, her boyfriend and DH.

We were both pretty shy though and barely spoke to each other. I thought he was nice and cute, but he didn't ask for my number so I figured he wasn't interested. Turns out, he was interested, he just completely forgot to ask! He had to call my friend later that night and ask her for my number.

Long story short: we met in February, shortly thereafter we were discussing marriage. We both just knew. We got engaged in June, and married the next May. Next month is our 6th wedding anniversary, and we now have LO who is almost 2 months old! I love DH more all the time and I have loved seeing him grow into his role as a father.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"