December 2014 Moms
Options

Back Cracking = No-No?

I'm sure many of you are also experiencing this but my back has been hurting since we got our BFP. It's currently more down by the tailbone right now (assuming it's ligaments loosening) but I know it'll spread as the pregnancy moves forward. Today I cracked my back and was told I shouldn't do that during pregnancy. I just accepted the unsolicited advice at that moment but now I'm curious as to why that is. Do any of you ladies know?
May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Back Cracking = No-No?

• Options
    I'm curious now too. I crack mine before bed all the time. :(

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    IDK about doing it yourself, but my chiropractor will keep treating me and he actually recommends it throughout the pregnancy; specifically at certain points in pregnancy. I don't remember what they are off the top of my head b/c I see him regularly for an injury I got in 2012.

If you're worried about doing it yourself, you could always find a good chiropractor to do it for you. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, I have found that icing my back has helped with the pain on a day to day basis. My chiro recommends the ice being around where your belt would be on a pair of pants. I either sit with it propped behind me, or if it's bad enough, I lay down with it under me.

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    Your uterus is attached to your spine which may be their thought process?

I see a chiropractor my entire pregnancies - if you want to be safe you can as well :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Options
    Yea, self back-cracking just sounds dangerous.  Like others, I saw my chiropractor throughout my entire pregnancy and I believe it really helped me not have back pain and balance better

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies! That helps a lot and I will most certainly look into a chiropractor. I know my SIL regularly sees one so perhaps I'll see who she goes to. For some reason i had it in my head that it would be due to twisting the umbilical cord or something. What you guys said makes a lot more sense. #-o
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"