April 2014 Moms
Options

Numbing cream for nipples

dmosquera4dmosquera4 member
edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Do any of you ladies recommend or have any? Like omg this is painfull I need some help please

My little one is breast feeding and I'm just in so much pain I could cry

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Numbing cream for nipples

• Options
    Earth mama angel baby natural nipple butter is working great for me
  • Options
    I'm using lanolin which helps but not for the burning sensation while he sucks I am in so much pain... I am Afraid of bleeding and cracking :( don't know what to do

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Make sure your LO is latching properly if you're in that much pain. It hurts but shouldn't continue to hurt as time goes on.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Options
    I prefer lanolin. DS gas a great latch at things are starting to get a little better. I read it can take up to three weeks even with a great latch.
  • Options
    Yea he latches pretty good it's just those first few seconds while he gets on that burns then it's fine but those first fee seconds are the worst pain I ever felt, I just wanna make sure you do get use to it? It eventually gets to be un painful?

• Options
    MissWhisMissWhis member
    edited April 2014
    I like the Medela brand lanolin - the Lasinoh is too thick and sticky. I also really like the Motherlove nipple butter - I prefer it to the EMAB, but it's not as "hardcore" as the lanolin.

No nipple cream is numbing as far as I know, though. It would numb the baby's mouth which would not be cool.

Like pp said, make sure your baby has a good latch and it getting the areola in its mouth as well, not just the nipple. I think some pain and sensitivity is to be expected, but it shouldn't make you want to cry - at least not for an extended amount of time. Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"