April 2014 Moms
Options

Audrey Lynn's Birth Story (Luckie519)

Luckie519Luckie519 member
edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
I was a scheduled RCS, so I didn't have the whole water breaking, contractions, etc experience.  I was super nervous that morning.  I was telling DH, it's different when you have a RCS scheduled early on, you have almost the entire pregnancy to worry about it ... and I did.  I also had 3 losses and that was in the back of my mind the entire time.  We checked into the hospital at 10:30am on Wednesday, April 9.  They did the typical pre-op stuff - catheter, IV, etc.  The nurse actually told me I was contracting every 6-7 minutes and they were lasting for 30 seconds.  She said I probably would have gone into labor on my own within the next day or so had I not had the RCS scheduled.  It bummed me out a little. 

The anesthesiologist came in and went over everything.  I already knew in advance DH couldn't go back when I had my spinal, but after he left, I just kind of had a mini-panic attack.  A big part was just concern about DD having the same issues as DS -  he had blood sugar and jaundice issues.  I wasn't even able to see him until 8 hours after he was born.  We had to stay in the hospital for 5 nights and 6 days.  We had to take him to the hospital everyday for a week to have his levels checked.  The nurse and DH calmed me down and everything continued.

They wheeled me in a little after 12:30.  All of the nurses were so awesome.  I got the spinal and they let DH come in.  The surgery went well and seemed like it lasted a while (longer than my c-section with DS).  Everything went well.

At 1:12pm, Audrey Lynn J. was born.  8 lbs. 8 oz. and 20.25 inches long.  Within 30 minutes, they had her on my chest and I was nursing.  They brought DH and DS in to see me.  She is nursing pretty well overall.  We were discharged on Friday.  I am feeling well overall and trying to move around as much as possible.  Big brother is in love with her and has been doing pretty with her.  He has actually been very active and likes helping when he can.  Still getting used to having a newborn in the house again and adjusting to having two kids.  I am lucky to have both my mom and DH here with me to help.  My mom is leaving on Wednesday.  I am looking forward to having some quality time with DH, DS and DD. 

imageimageimageimage
imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Audrey Lynn's Birth Story (Luckie519)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"