April 2014 Moms
Options

Contractions

I'm 37w 5 days. When did you start to feel contractions different then BH? I feel like he's never going to come! Lol

Re: Contractions

• Options
    I'm 38 weeks and I still haven't felt anything, not even BH.
  • Options
    I've had them for weeks and no baby. Everyone is really different. Some women will contract for months only to need to be induced while others will have nothing and then suddenly go into labor. It's a huge test of our patience and a lesson in letting our bodies/babies do what they need to. I need this pep talk frequently myself right now!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haziedaze said:

I've had them for weeks and no baby. Everyone is really different. Some women will contract for months only to need to be induced while others will have nothing and then suddenly go into labor. It's a huge test of our patience and a lesson in letting our bodies/babies do what they need to. I need this pep talk frequently myself right now!

This exactly. It's different for every woman. I've been contracting for weeks but am "overdue" and staring down the barrel of an induction. It's hard to be patient but we must!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your comments! I'm not trying to be impatient or annoying just ready to meet my one and only sweet baby boy!
  • Options
    I didn't feel any real contractions until after my water broke. Hang in there. Baby's gotta come out!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Thursday is my due date and I've never felt a contraction (other than BH)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pineconeypineconey member
    edited April 2014
    cd92007 said:

Thursday is my due date and I've never felt a contraction (other than BH)

This.

I'm 41w and haven't felt any other than BH.

Buckle up, buttercup. You've likely still got a long ride ahead.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Acers said:
    I'm 40W+4D and have yet to feel a real contraction.  I'd rather it all come on quickly and go into labor in one day than have them for weeks!
    This is pretty much me too. It freaks me out and makes me feel like I'm never going to go into labor. But as PPs said, EVERY woman is WAY WAY different. Hang in there!
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    I have 6 days until induction and so far I've had ONE painful sensation and I'm not even sure I'd call it a contraction. I've never had BH or any false alarms. It's frustrating but yeah, we have to give up control on this issue. It truly is not up to us.
  • Options
    Bh none stop over here but NOTHING down low and no dilation or effacement going on.... Means hours of boredommmm
  • Options
    Mine started at 37 weeks, somewhat regular and increasingly painful, go for a couple of hours, then totally stop. They've been playing around for weeks now without any significant progress. Don't even get excited when they start now, just like "oh... this again." I'm hoping my water breaks so I have an obvious sign things are actually happening.
  • Options

I'm jealous of you ladies who haven't felt anything!! The waiting is torture for all of us but I would much rather be able to get around without being in a constant state of cramping or timing contractions and wondering if this set will be "the ones". So frustrating! But our sweet babies will be worth it and I keep telling myself I won't be pregnant forever. :)

Well, I wouldn't say I haven't felt "anything"- I had 3 episodes just before 40w of several hours of horrible, constant cramping. It was diagnosed as an "irritable uterus". Seriously miserable and not at all productive in baby removal!! :(

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Options
    Boo @pineconey‌ !!! We're irritable enough as it is at this point... There's no need for our utes to add insult to injury! I hope it gets going for you soon!

My whole abdomen is sore today like I've been doing ab workouts... which I guess that's what these ineffective contractions are. Maybe when he's born and my baby weight magically melts away it will reveal a six pack! ;)
  • Options
    @adheaton1387‌ I bet I've got a 6pack from all of the coughing/gagging I've done since August. No joke, it's been crazy.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    Yes seriously sick of the constant soreness/cramping over here as well. LOL at 6 pack! I wish!!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I'm 40+5 and have felt like 3 contractions. One was before a major poop attack, one was after my membranes were stripped and one was during a bumpy car ride.
    YCSWU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"