April 2014 Moms
Options

A baby necessity

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/106347123/no-soliciting-sign-we-found-jesus After answering the door twice today, I'm so done with solicitors.
First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

Re: A baby necessity

• Options
    I just put a post-it on the door that says "please do not ring bell; newborn sleeping."  It works pretty well! 
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    Yes!  A sign of some sort will be a necessity for us.  Even without the newborn factor, I've become annoyed at the amount of people soliciting in our neighborhood.  I am so over having to forcefully tell people I don't want new windows, to change our cable/internet/power providers, or to go to their church.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love it! I had 2 ladies ask me if my dog was friendly and could they come talk to me. I said yes he is but I don't want you in my yard. They went next door, came to my driveway again and asked if I was taking down christmas lights (which yes... I was in April) and if I was religious. I said I was but that didn't mean I wanted to talk to them. Get a clue people!!
  • Options
    I want on for my ILs!! We live in a house right behind them and they come over unannounced all the time. The big problem is that it gets the dogs barking. So I'm going to make a little sign that says she's sleeping and possibly forget to take it down ever. ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have the same one, sort of. But at our new house we haven't had any- I bought the sign more because it's cute ! We have an HOA and although our neighborhood is not technically gated it does state no parking and no solicitors at the entrance.

Anyone remember that The Far Side comic strip? There's one where some amebas are saying "quick pretend we're bean bag chairs" because some religious solicitors are approaching. It always comes to mind. I'm glad we haven't has any because my house is a fishbowl so I can't pretend I'm not home!
  • Options
    Heidiman said:
    I want on for my ILs!! We live in a house right behind them and they come over unannounced all the time. The big problem is that it gets the dogs barking. So I'm going to make a little sign that says she's sleeping and possibly forget to take it down ever. ;-)
    Yes, we have had that issue since coming home from the hospital also.  They always walk in when I am nursing and just sit there and watch me.  It's like "Can I get some privacy, please?"  I was seriously about to lose it the other day with all of the visitors from DH's side of the family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"