April 2014 Moms
Options

For those with inside babies still working...

This is rougher than I expected and I actually can work from home some days. How do you ladies cope? I'm about to crash and burn... :/

Re: For those with inside babies still working...

• Options
    Eye on the prize. It WILL eventually be time to be done. Also realizing people will give you a break. Milk it for what it's worth!
  • Options
    I'm working until I go into labor! I do work in education in an office where 80% of my time I'm sitting down. I get up to go to the bathroom, get things off the printer, and make my lunch. I am the most comfortable when I'm sitting down, feet up or completely spread under the table! I don't think I would be this comfortable at 39w if I had a job where I had to stand or be actively moving all day! These last two weeks were the busiest time of year so they made my work days fly by!!

Hang in there! You are in the home stretch!! When in doubt - play the pregnancy card and make DH/SO rub your feet/back! :)
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sucks, but I want all the time off for post baby. I'm actually home today because I was up all night with contractions that have now puttered out. It's definitely getting old!
  • Options
    I take stretching breaks in the lounge outside the women's bathroom at my office. I do pelvic rocks on all fours and some "child's pose" stretches that seem to relieve my hip pain. I walk very slowly. I also drink coffee or tea as needed and keep a full water bottle. I try to get up at least every hour and walk around a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Work from home if that's an option to you, definitely!  I worked up until 40w and was really only going into the office 3 days a week by the end, and WFH the other two.  
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. At least we are in the same boat. I definitely feel my job is understanding, so I'm blessed. However, I'm in marketing/adv so it's still stressful. Oy! Counting down!
  • Options
    No advice but it I agree it is rough. I am at work right now and it is my due date. I have to constantly answer questions all day. "Its your due date?!" "Why are you still here?!" "What is the doctor saying?" And my favorite any time I make a sudden move "did your water just break?!!" That's the most exhausting part. Sigh. But I want as much time with the baby as possible so I am trying to hold out until the end.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    I'm working and I am planning on working until I go into labor. Luckily things are pretty busy so it takes my mind off of waiting. I do have Mondays off and I am going crazy today!! When I am home all I can think about is having this baby so I'm glad for the distraction. I really think I'll be at least a week late...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working until the end as well with 12 hr shifts. I'm 39.2 and it's getting really hard. I come home and want to cry out of exhaustion and feet pain. I wish I had the option of working from home but as a NP I don't. I have started looking at it as I can only work max of 3 more weeks if I go to 42. This can't last forever.
  • Options

I'm in my office chair and will probably go into labor here. Hopefully my water breaks in the chair. Serves them right for their shitty maternity leave policy ;)

I'm with you! I'm due Wednesday and I sit here at my desk with a ton of excessively needy people who either come by to dump work on me or come to stare at the freak pregnant lady who might go into labor at her desk at any moment. Hourly assistants are not allowed to work from home without days taken away from them...My legs/feet get swollen too and I try to elevate them as well as get up to get water and walk around. I just keep thinking this or next week could be it and I keep focusing on the joy of hitting that setting on my iPhone that stops the incoming emails for almost 3 months. Kiss it, work suckas!!!!!
  • Options
    honeyzoo though - if your job is absolutely exhausting and stressing you out, taking some time off beforehand would probably be extremely beneficial to your state of mind!  I know my job has been stressing me out like crazy lately, so I'm thinking I won't go back in this week and just take the time to myself.  Hang in there! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My job is pretty low key...but it's still hard with pelvic pain and lightening crotch...Going from sitting to standing is pretty crushing. I am 37-6 and planning to go until I give birth.

I couldn't do a job being on my feet all day---since every time I walk more than 1 block I get cramping and bh's!

Stay strong ladies...almost at the finish line...

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    I stopped at 37 weeks and a few days. I was burned out (substitute teacher) but after my first week off I felt like I could have gone back! But then it was spring break anyways.... So really I just needed to slow down and take a break instead of leaving so soon. I also had no real issues other then minor back pain and heartburn so I was good to go!
    YCSWU
  • Options

I'm in my office chair and will probably go into labor here. Hopefully my water breaks in the chair. Serves them right for their shitty maternity leave policy ;)

This made my day. Well said and hopefully that doesn't happen to you but if it does, it's their fault! lol
  • Options
    I. Hate. Working. I am a 7/8 th grade teacher and always on my feet. So wish I could be done. So much pain by the time I go home. Worst part is I feel like I have double the work planning for my current working days and planning for when I am out and my sub takes over. Like others have said to will be over soon! I am super thankful I will have all summer at home when so many only get 6 weeks so I try to keep my mouth shut and not complain so much
  • Options
    Elf2718Elf2718 member
    edited April 2014
    I'll be 39 wks tomorrow and I plan on trucking until I pop. I work in a lab and I am usually on my feet 7out of 8hr a day. Its a very labor-intensive job (no pun intended) and while its causing severe swelling as well as achy joints, it is a welcome distraction.

I am due on the 23rd and have vacation set to start on the 27th. If I don't have LO by the 29th, I'll be induced.

I'm also the center of a baby pool so a lot of my coworkers are watching my every move....and hoping I'll pop on their picked day and time!
  • Options
    I'm just shy of 39 weeks and luckily I have a desk job but I have an increasingly hard time walking around due to nerve spasms that just about send me to the floor. I've been having contractions today off and on plus rib and pelvic pain from my LO. Worst part is I have bronchitis so I can't breathe and I'm coughing all the time. I have been trying to kick it for 2 weeks and it's just not going away. I was reallly hoping it would be better by the time I go into labor but odds are not good. :(
  • Options
    People at work have had a lot of patience with me taking things slow. Typically I'm in my feet a lot but I absolutely have to sit down a lot now. After 2pm I'm sore and have to take breaks to sit in between each of the vets appointments I'm helping with.

DH gives my poor swollen legs a rub at the end of the day if I look sad enough.

Just powering through I guess. Baby has to come soon right? I'm 39w2d
  • Options
    Honestly, I keep saying I'm going to cut back on my hours and start working less now that I'm 39+ weeks, but I feel that if I'm home, time will pass by even slower! It definitely helps pass the time while I'm at work and I feel like being up and down on my feet at work will hopefully help start labor up soon! Until then, I plan to keep working.
  • Options
    I keep thinking if I can have baby late I get more summer weather with them. That's what's been driving me. I also try to get up every hour even if it's just to walk around and check my email on my phone or read a popsugar article. I think changing positions often has helped a lot. The less I think about how far along I am the better off I am. But I will say I know people who took time beforehand with their first and don't want to do it again as the time crawled by. So I'm choosing to believe I don't want that!
  • Options
    Jesster11Jesster11 member
    edited April 2014
    I'm very fortunate bc my work actually decided I should start working from home next week (my job is 45 min - 1 hr away from my hospital, so they are all concerned about me attempting to drive in labor). 

They are also being very understanding. I left early yesterday bc of some spaced out contractions, but everything stalled when they were 10 min apart at dinner. Working from home today bc DH was concerned, but nothing picking up again. 

So if LO isn't coming by Friday, I guess I have 3 more days in the office.
  • Options
    I work with/for my mom and she told me after we went out to work onsaturday that I'm not allowed to go in the field anymore. Pretty sure she thought I was going to have the baby in someone's yard.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also try to think about more maternity leave time in the summer as a big upside to delivering later this month. I just wish I could work 8-9 hrs not 12 every shift. My feel hurt so bad by the end if the shift - especially when I have 2-3 in a row.
  • Options
    38/5 here and I'm still working as well. I'm in sales so I am constantly on my feet and in and out of the car! Thought it may help with having her come earlier but doc says nothing happening yet!! I get home and my feet are balloons but i literally rush into my sweats and pass right out and nap. Don't want to eat into the time when she is here.. Seems like 3 months just isn't long enough to be off so I don't want to shorten it even more! Hang in there ladies. I'm with you!! Water will probably break at the copy machine haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"