November 2014 Moms
Options

zofran

Does zofran make anyone else's stomach feel like it is on fire? I finally had to break down and take one on Friday because I couldn't keep anything down. Also had to take phenergan an hour later so I wasn't sure which med was doing it but I had to take a zofran this am cause I've already tossed my breakfast. My stomach is on fire again so I'm assuming it's the zofran.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: zofran

• Options
    @SarahMaureenF‌ Thanks :) It's better than vomiting just weird. I've only taken zofran once before being pregnant and didn't remember that happening.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took it every day with my last pregnancy(baby just turned 1) but this time the Doctor wont prescribe Zofran to anyone because of the new studies that came out showing it had effects on babies. I would ask your doctor more about it. I have been missing it so bad this time around it helped me out so much!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take it 30 min before getting up every day works wonders
  • Options
    @surprisebaby5blessedlove‌ Do you happen to have a link to the new studies? I'm taking Zofran now and don't want to risk anything by taking it further if it could cause problems. I would google it but there is no telling what could possibly come up! I hate goggling stuff now, some of the stuff that comes up is just crazy!

Thank you for any help :)

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    The last I read, they had disproved that small study with a much larger study that showed that there are no risks to babies. Is there something more recent showing it's risky? This article is from February 2013.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2776753
  • Options
    I would not be able to function without it.

• Options

I would not be able to function without it.

Same. I skipped one day and I thought the world was ending.
  • Options
    lizgrace03lizgrace03 member
    edited April 2014
    Interesting, and thanks for sharing. I may ask my doctor about that other drug, di-clegis. My problem with Zofran is I get nasty headaches with it, which makes me want to take Fioricet, which makes me feel guilty for taking multiple drugs.

Edit words

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take two Diclegis at night. It's definitely a life saver. It's also Graded A for pregnancy which is great!! My ob told me it is basically the antihistamine from unison with vitamin b-6, which doctors have prescribed for m/s for ages!

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    For those taking the unisom/b6 at night do you see benefits through out the day too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"