April 2014 Moms
Options

Flame worthy question

It really is, but I'm a FTM and kind of hesitate about what to do. All week I've had spots in my vision on and off. Today it got worse and it felt like I was looking through a glass of water. I ate and drank lots of water and it got better. I have a blood pressure machine and checked it twice. Once was 133/80 and another was 130/83. Do I really need to be concerned? I know bp can get high during the end of pregnancy. Mine has been very normal the whole time, so I'm really debating calling the doctor.

The answer is always call the doctor if I'm worried, but idk if I should be. Thoughts? Snark is welcome, I know it's a dumb question, just want input.

Re: Flame worthy question

• Options
    Id call the dr
    It's probably nothing but it could be something potentially scary
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options
    No snark here but yes! Call the Dr! Even if you're completely fine it's just a phone call, what's the big deal?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lurker from March 14 here, but yes call your doc asap. I think it's a sign if pre-e.....the nurse asks me every time I go in to the office a list of symptoms to see if I say 'yes' to any and spots in my vision is one of them.

• Options
    Def call the doctor! Seeing spots sometimes can be normal but if it doesn't go away or is frequent it's cause for concern.
  • Options

I agree - just call! That's what they're there for. Also, if it's a little comforting, I have had spots in my vision, swelling and pain in my hands and feet for a couple weeks, but doc says it's not pre-e because my BP isn't high enough (it's about like yours) and no protein in urine. My doctor told me to keep an eye out for headaches as well. Good luck!

Same here!

• Options
    Call
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited April 2014
    I would call. When in doubt, that's always the best choice. When I was pregnant with DD I checked into the hospital at 29 weeks for back pain that I had been feeling for 2 or 3 days and I expected to be told it was normal third trimester aching. Turns out I had severe pre-e/HELLP and DD was delivered 10 hours later. The back ache was my kidneys and delaying much longer may well have cost us (DD and I) our lives. Obviously that's an extreme case and I don't want to scare you, but I like to share it because I had that same "don't want to cry wolf" mentality that many women have about contacting their care providers. The truth is there is no shame in being told nothing is wrong.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes my sight has been blurry for a week now and my doctor said its okay because I don't have any other symptoms (pain in left side, headaches that won't stop, protein in urine, results from blood tests) that link to pre-e. they have me monitoring my blood pressure though still and if the bottom number gets above 90 they said to go in to triage at the hospital since I am so close to labour.
  • Options
    emh81emh81 member
    I'm with pp :) last week my Bp at my appointment was about like yours, I didn't think much of it until the car ride home. It wasn't "high" but the highest mine has been the entire pregnancy was 110/70. So it was high for me. I ended up calling, having it checked again, nbd but I slept better that night knowing it was ok rather than wondering.

Also agree with pp on the "crying wolf mentality" caring for a human life that you already love beyond explanation, who can't tell you if something is wrong AND who you can't even see is about the most nerve wracking thing on the planet!! We deserve to be a little overly cautious, we've worked dang hard for these babies and we are so close to meeting them! Call the dr and get some piece of mind :)
  • Options
    Definitely call the dr. I was induced at 37 weeks for slightly high blood pressure (in the 140s/90s range) and spots/blurred vision is one of the things they told me to lookout for. It's worth a call.
  • Options
    Agree with pp....call. That is what they are there for.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"