April 2014 Moms
Options

Do the men nest too?

I know we go through a whole nesting phase, but do the men as well?? My husband has taken on a ridiculous number of random home improvement projects this weekend. It is driving me insane!!! I have to re-clean whatever I cleaned while I was nesting and he is starting a million little projects and doesn't finish any of them. I walked outside today and he was taking down a tree simply because "the baby might like more sunlight" haha. Now he is scraping the oil burner of its rust....weird. He probably thinks our DD will mind the rust haha

Did your significant other or DH do anything weird right before your LO arrived? Is this a male form of nesting? WILL IT EVER END?!/!?!

Re: Do the men nest too?

• Options
    Nope...not mine...though he's still completing the final projects on my honey-do list
  • Options
    My husband definitely did last time and I'm starting to notice him getting cranked up for this time. Fine by me because usually he takes forever to get projects done!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mines painting the shed right now. THE SHED. It holds junk that we won't admit we want to throw away, and I keep telling him that our last weekend pre baby should be spent doing something a little more fun. But he's like that normally anyway which I suppose is nice, at least he gets stuff done. Our house is up for sale so I say nest away...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My husband has- our entire house has been organized and every tiny project imaginable is being tackled. We are stocked on food and supplies, so I would say, yes. :-)
  • Options
    Mine cleaned out the garage and set up a new work bench in the basement. He also drove the charge on replacing all the light fixtures we haven't liked since buying the house, and getting the fireplace re-faced. Oh, and a new roof.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    My DH did, but in totally unhelpful (to me) ways. He cleaned and emptied out the whole garage. He was so proud of himself, and I was more than a little annoyed that he didn't do anything to help me keep up the house.... Like cleaning or laundry.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Mine is unhelpful because something like chopping down a tree is manly and sexy and sex is not an option right now so I get all hot and bothered for nothing. Now that sucks.

My DH did, but in totally unhelpful (to me) ways. He cleaned and emptied out the whole garage. He was so proud of himself, and I was more than a little annoyed that he didn't do anything to help me keep up the house.... Like cleaning or laundry.

• Options
    My husband has a tendency to pick the projects that are at the very bottom of my list, too :). Very annoying!!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine cleaned up the dog poo in the yard that the snow was hiding and raked all the leave and random twigs that have built up in the gardens over the winter
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options
    I love he is trying but ut is annoying because he only gets half way through one project before embarking on the next one and the next one etc...looks like we were hit by a tornado.
  • Options
    DH finally finished the downstairs half bath that he tore apart and has been working on since CHRISTMAS.  And while I'm so thankful for it to be finished, for the last two weeks he was working on it, he kept leaving his tools and crap all over!!!  I can't tell you how many times I re-cleaned the floors around his "work zone" (which extended way past the bathroom)

However, now the bathroom is done (if only he'd put all his tools away!)

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep mine cleaned out the garage, did the whole grass seed thing today, now he is working on our downstairs.

I'm laying on the couch watching teen mom lol
  • Options
    We're post-baby, but DH has finally cleaned the garage and the upstairs, both of which were so full of his junk that you couldn't even walk through them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine definitely has he went on a cleaning spree the other day and today he planted a beautiful flower garden outside our apartment.
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    Yes, he did the ENTIRE nursery by himself. Painted, put together all the furniture, hung decorations and frames, put up vinyl decals, washed/sorted/folded/put away every piece of baby laundry. I quite literally did nothing to make that room happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    DH was running around the house cleaning while I was laboring at home. I found it kind of funny. Since DD came a little early, we both kicked it into high gear when we got home from the hospital today. Hopefully I'm not paying for it tomorrow!
  • Options
    We moved into our new house in my first trimester. DH has done tons of projects and things to make the house and yard nicer/safer and ready for baby. I feel lucky because my DH is very handy (a real man's man, I love it, gah, such a turn on!) and does every job right and always finishes what he starts. My only frustration is my BIL and FIL are NOT handy at all so they (and my MIL/SIL) are always asking him to do stuff for them (my in-laws are the worst because they are not technologically inclined and need help turning on the television, lol). So often I felt like his free time is taken up by everybody else, but he now puts our family as a priority, so that makes me happy. Men definitely nest though, no doubt about it.
  • Options
    My dh has been turning into a cleaning machine every weekend for the past month. I can't make him slow down!
  • Options
    Ok, glad mine isn't the only one going loopy - in a good way as long as he is done doing demolition projects! I must admit, I thought I was going to start labor/contractions when he grabbed the laundry out of my hands and offered to do it....now that ladies, I can get used to!
  • Options

Not mine!  We moved two weeks ago and I would give anything for him to self-motivate to help put the last things away and organize the baby's room.

• Options
    I don't know if its nesting or his normal crunch time response to procrastinating the entire pregnancy. Hoping it continues!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes! Mine totally is! He did laundry and put clothes away, switched out his winter clothes, cleaned the kitchen, and packed his hospital bag!

I threw out old magazines.... Yay for me!
  • Options
    Yes, cleaning cleaning cleaning, I think I'll clean the fridge, I think I'll sort the under sink cupboard, I feel much better now those drawers are sorted! U carry on my lovely I'll just relax lol
  • Options
    DH has gone through almost everything with me this pregnancy it seems... sore back and feet, leg cramps in the middle of the night, weight gain, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, etc. Luckily, he missed out on the the nausea and throwing up for the first 5.5 months! I haven't been able to use my "pregnancy card" lately since he's right there with me. Kind of upsetting because I've been holding onto it this whole time because I knew I would need it more so towards the end when physically doing things have become difficult. I would happily welcome the nesting stage to kick in for him but I'm not going through it, so I'm assuming he won't either!! Boo...
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"