April 2014 Moms
Options

nighttime feedings....

I've been setting my alarm every 3hrs for night feedings. Some people say just wait until LO wakes up to eat. My baby girl sleeps in a bassinet next to my bed so I will hear her immediately. Just wondering what others do....
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: nighttime feedings....

• Options
    I do the same exact thing as you. Set an alarm for every three hours. I was always told never wake a sleeping baby but in the hospital they said I needed to wake the baby to feed because they can get low sugar levels?? So I'm up every three hours also
  • Options
    I only wake to feed until my baby is no longer fighting jaundice. If he weren't jaundiced then I would let him sleep.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only wake to feed until they reach their birth weight again. Sadly, we have never made it a 3 hour stretch so I was constantly having to reset the alarm! I finally just stopped, if by some miracle he sleeps more than 3 hours, I'll take it!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was told by 2 LCs and our doctor not to wake him. He is only eating once at night. He is gaining weight and eats a lot during the day. No way would I wake a sleeping baby.
  • Options
    I have alarms set for three hour intervals as well. Most of the time she sleeps the whole three hours and I wake her to feed but sometimes she wakes up on her own. When she does that I just alter the next alarm. I don't let her just sleep because I get nervous that she's not getting enough to eat (probably an irrational ftm fear but still). Once she's a month old and starts to gain regularly I'll have no problems letting her sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    homediva said:

I only wake to feed until they reach their birth weight again. Sadly, we have never made it a 3 hour stretch so I was constantly having to reset the alarm! I finally just stopped, if by some miracle he sleeps more than 3 hours, I'll take it!

This exactly.

• Options
    Sisimama10Sisimama10 member
    edited April 2014
    I am not setting alarms, but he's up every 1-2 hours to eat so I don't need to worry about him sleeping too long!
  • Options
    She surpassed her birth weight by 6oz and her 11 day check up so I'm not waking her up. She usually sleeps 5/6 hours at night.

My oldest had jaundice and I had supply issues so I set an alarm.
  • Options
    I do not wake... never did from day 1 with her. She gives me a 4-6 hour stretch at night and I NEED that time to sleep! I wouldn't jeopardize that unless there was a serious medical issue.
  • Options
    We're dealing with jaundice as well my ped says at least every 4 hrs at night 3 hrs during the day but my DS wakes every 3 hrs practically on the dot at 1130 230 & 530. I just set my alarm for 4 hrs as a precaution. After he's back to his birth weight and not jaundice for sure I will let him wake all the time when he wants to
  • Options
    I don't wake a sleeping baby barring any specific medical reasons (i.e. premies, jaundice, low birth weight/growth, etc.)

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Options
    We have a premie and so have been waking every three hours but with ds we did not...unfortunately it was also a nonissue for a very very long time.

\image  image

• Options
    I'm with @Sisimama10‌ a three hour stretch would be a dream for me. In fact, we just fed for a record 54 minutes and she woke up 30 minutes later hungry again.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    cgoldian said:

I'm with @Sisimama10‌ a three hour stretch would be a dream for me. In fact, we just fed for a record 54 minutes and she woke up 30 minutes later hungry again.

Yep, doing this exact thing right now
  • Options
    cgoldian said:

Same here. I would love 3 hours. She usually gets up every hour. I'm lucky to get a 2 hour stretch.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I wake every 3 hrs until baby reaches her birth weight and my supply is established. Her pediatrician has said 8-12 feedings per 24 hr day.
  • Options
    Oh to have 3-4 hour sleep intervals. Little girl wakes pretty much every 1.5-2 hours in the night with multiple rounds of feeding sessions. She is slightly jaundice, however, so I'm happy to support her need to poo :-)
  • Options
    I set an alarm for every 3 hours at night, and wake him up to feed him.  We go back for his two-week check up tomorrow, and we'll see how his weight is, and what the pedi recommends.  I'd love to let him sleep a little longer, but think I might become uncomfortably full if I go too much longer than 3-4 hours.  

imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    No alarm setting here. He wakes up when he's hungry and that's every 3-4 hrs so that's what we're going with.
  • Options
    No waking after jaundice clears for us! He rarely makes it longer than 3 hours.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    My twins are up every 2.5-3 hrs. I'd sell my left arm for a 5 hour stretch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"