April 2014 Moms
Options

What's for dinner?

It's been too long since we've talked food up in here!
It's 2:30 here, but some of you are approaching the dinner hour. So, what's on the menu tonight?

We just ate a very late lunch of taco casserole. Ground beef, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheese, rice, taco seasoning, and corn chips mixed together and baked in the oven. It was pretty tasty. Too bad we didn't have sour cream!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    Oh man, that sounds so yummy!!!
    My husband is usually the cook, but he's working this weekend, so we get to have one of my favorites. I'm making spaghetti with meatballs and some garlic bread on the side! Talking food is making me realize how hungry I am!
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Ranch pork chops and broccoli for dinner tonight here.

I cannot live without sour cream! How did you survive?
    I knowwwwwww! I love sour cream. We just did "fake" grocery shopping (target) this week so I didn't think to grab any!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Steak mashed potatoes and corn. I can not wait.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Omgz. I want it.
    We had steak last weekend but DH pan cooked it because he didn't feel like setting up the grill. It was ok, not great. I'd like a do-over.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    I'm in a grumpy mood and didnt feel like deciding, so we having Chinese. I'm pumped for some sesame chicken and crab rangoons.

• Options
    MalyJMalyJ member
    Anyone ever had Skyline chili? I know it's a local thing for us here in Cincinnati, but a friend is bringing us some for dinner and I'm so excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Grilling some ranch potatoes, pork chops that have been marinating and corn on cob. Plus chocolate cake for dessert!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    MalyJ said:

Anyone ever had Skyline chili? I know it's a local thing for us here in Cincinnati, but a friend is bringing us some for dinner and I'm so excited!

Heard of it but haven't had it (I'm originally from MI)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    Brinner, baby. Sausage, eggs, and French toast. Yum.
  • Options
    lcr23lcr23 member
    We had a great lunch at Outback Steakhouse so dinner is PB & J :)
  • Options
    pineconey said:

Omgz. I want it.
    We had steak last weekend but DH pan cooked it because he didn't feel like setting up the grill. It was ok, not great. I'd like a do-over.
    I made DH do it over the open flame. I really over ate...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Jalapeno poppers and chicken strips with a side of tums.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whatever DH feels like making? I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be soup and sandwiches though. He has a cold and I can't stand up long enough to cook anything. We are quite the pair right now :(

On the bright side! We have fresh cucumber and carrot slices to go with whatever dinner ends up being. And DH got us some awesome ice cream flavors for dessert.
  • Options
    Cheese cappelletti and grilled chicken breast
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options
    Boston market!
  • Options
    Possibly sushi, but I haven't quite decided.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Steak, macaroni & cheese, and mixed veggies
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    Damn, I am starving now.

We are having ribs, mac n cheese, and cole slaw.
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    Chinese buffet :) And then a huge plate of chips and cheese a few hours later. And now I'm contemplating a brownie and huge glass of milk. Food - get in my belly!! OY :P
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    Ended up going for Thai food. Told DH that every day for the rest of this endless pregnancy I plan on doing whatever I want whenever I want, especially concerning food. We stick to a pretty tight budget because we don't make much, but I need SOMETHING to get me through!!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options

I stuck with the sushi decision. Twelve amazing pieces, all raw and delicious. Quick, someone call CPS! 

I wish I liked "real" sushi!! I can only tolerate the crab, shrimp, and vegetarian stuff. Raw meats make me gag. I do love the style of food though. :)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    I'm too paranoid for sushi and I miss it so much. First non hospital meal will be the raws!

Had salad, lamb, potato and parsnip mashes and an asparagus/fava/pea mix for dinner tonight. Followed by strawberry shortcake. I love my moms cooking!
  • Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited April 2014
    pineconey said:
    I stuck with the sushi decision. Twelve amazing pieces, all raw and delicious. Quick, someone call CPS! 
    I wish I liked "real" sushi!! I can only tolerate the crab, shrimp, and vegetarian stuff. Raw meats make me gag. I do love the style of food though. :)
    It took a few tries for me. I spent a summer living with a family in Japan when I was 16 and they took me out for sushi a couple of times. I'm guessing they thought it was funny to give me the more difficult ones to eat (roe, octopus, squid). I just couldn't do it. In college I gave it another try in the US, but picked the milder/softer options (salmon, tuna, yellowtail) and that was much easier to stomach for me. Now I can't get enough! I do love the shrimp and vegetarian stuff as well though.
    mrsB68 said:
    I'm too paranoid for sushi and I miss it so much. First non hospital meal will be the raws! Had salad, lamb, potato and parsnip mashes and an asparagus/fava/pea mix for dinner tonight. Followed by strawberry shortcake. I love my moms cooking!
    That's how I was when I was pregnant with DD! I ate it twice before I knew and after that I avoided it even though I craved it badly. I had DH go out and get me sushi for my first meal in the hospital after my c-section.  :P This time around I figure I trust reputable sushi places enough to be following proper guidelines and using fish that has been flash frozen by the distributor and then handling it properly during preparation. I mean, if I truly thought there was a great risk of parasites and the like I wouldn't be willing to eat it non-pregnant either. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fiancé is bbqing homemade burgers and potatoes with garlic/onions/spices
    Can't wait to have one with cheese . Pickles and mayo
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options
    White rice and egg rolls
  • Options
    Buffalo chicken meatballs and 6 cheese Mac & cheese sooo good
  • Options
    Farfalle with sausage and marinara that my SIL made, and a fruit salad. Maybe some banana chocolate chip bread for dessert.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    A friend dropped off breakfast and dinner for us today.  For dinner we had Green Chile Enchiladas and they were AMAZING!  She also made homemade salsa, grape salad, and brownies. 

• Options
    I had the healthiest breakfast and lunch and then the weather was so nice and I'm a day past my due date and i just decided that i wanted to grill to pass the time... burgers, potato salad, watermelon, and cheesecake!! :-) yum no regrets!!
  • Options
    I was excited to have lo mein and crab rangoons tonight until I just saw the choco chip banana bread. Now I want choco chip pancakes. Oops. The green chile enchiladas sound amazing too. Maybe tomorrow night will be Mexican night!
  • Options
    Lasagna that someone else dropped off for us. In jut glad I don't have to cook!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We think we are eating like kings tonight because we went grocery shopping and actually bought fresh veggies. Chips and Greek yogurt dip for an appetizer, toasted sesame chicken with broccoli and pineapple over veggie rice. Yum!
  • Options
    I cooked up 2 salmon filets marinated in teriyaki sauce and 2 filets marinated in lemon pepper sauce with garlic rice on the side. We skipped the vegetables this time around....
  • Options
    we had pork loin with a side of feta pasta with onions, tomatoes and basil pesto mixed in.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MalyJ said:
    You're in Cinci? I'm in Covington! I moved here three months ago but have yet to try it!

And for dinner tonight we have 'vegan' mac n cheese (cheese sauce made with cashew butter, lemon, garlic, spices) with mushrooms and broccoli. I put vegan in quotes because I threw bacon bits in there (I can't have dairy). Also had a kale salad with giant ass croutons. 

Homemade chocolate chippers for dessert. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    Beef fajitas with onion and red/orange peppers avocado and jalapenos. It's gonna be a late dinner though, I'm not hungry because I ran errands at 3 without having eaten lunch and got a jr cheeseburger, fry, and frosty at Wendy's.
  • Options
    Eggplant parm with a Greek salad :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"