April 2014 Moms
Options

Postpartum - swollen feet?

Hoping for some feedback from you ladies? I delivered on the 9th, and the last two days my feet have gotten huge! They were swollen the last few weeks but not like this. Normal?

Re: Postpartum - swollen feet?

• Options
    I had huge swollen ankles after my first delivery. Nurses told me it's because of the fluid I received during labor (epi, pitocin). Drink a lot of water, it should resorb within the next few days.
  • Options
    Same here!! Heard it's normal as well
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it too. It's from the fluids you got in the hospital. It should go away after a week or so. Mine went away but I'm still sore on my shins and ankles.
  • Options
    Normal! I have crazy biscuit feet. Should go away after a week or so of getting rid of all the fluid built up.

• Options
    Yep! Mine were back to normal in 3-4 days.
  • Options
    Thank god. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine told me up to two weeks of swelling is normal...nooooooo!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yup it's normal holy mamma are my feet ever swollen more than when I was pregnant. My nurses say it was from a medication they gave me to prevent something I forget

• Options
    Mine swelled awful aftery first baby. Be prepared for night sweats, all the fluid they give you during labor has to come out somehow. They haven't swelled yes this time.
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    My feet looked like shreks for 3-5 days after giving birth. Now I can actually see my ankle bones! Cheers! It'll definitely go down soon. Nothing to worry about. Maybe watch your sodium intake and keep them elevated if it freaks you out. (They freaked me out at first)
  • Options
    I had terrible swelling in my legs and feet for 4 days after delivery. Elevating my feet and putting a hot rice bag on them helped a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"