April 2014 Moms
Options

What do you do with your newborn all day?

I feel like I should be doing things with her, entertaining her, taking her somewhere...? My LO is only 15 days old and of course naps most of the day. When she is up, I usually hold her and talk to her. But, I feel like I should be doing more...?
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: What do you do with your newborn all day?

• Options
    I'm still recovering from my c/s so I'm taking advantage of all the sleep! When he's awake I just talk to him, but it's different because I have a 2 year old so I basically am protecting him the whole time lol! I don't think a 2 week old needs entertainment! They like to look at high contrast things so black/white books are one of the first things that'll catch baby's eye. Sing, talk, go outside, that's about all you can do! And enjoy it because eventually you will actually need to entertain her all.the.time. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Meh, at 15 days old there's not much to do. Walks with the stroller, sitting outside listening to all the noises, activity mat time and snuggle time are about it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I enjoy all the sleep. Honestly. At 15 days old they don't need entertainment. Save that for when they are older. I also have a 3 yr old, so I use newborn sleep time to spend time to do things with DD1.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    We chat. I lay her on the activity mat to kick and look around. We recently 'discovered' the bouncer which she seems to like.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    15 days old today I try to sleep when he sleeps. Or I spend time with my other children. When He's awake I hold him or put him in his chair . He watches all the other kids.
  • Options
    You had a c-section, so go easy on yourself! You should be resting and healing. Your baby just needs love and attention at this point.
  • Options
    I remember feeling this way w/ DD and I wish if just been able to enjoy all the downtime and snuggle time without feeling like I should be doing something! Just rest and enjoy this time as best you can! When she's awake, talk, sing, read, "play" on the floor, take a walk.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I'm recovering from a c section too. I feed him & then do skin to skin while he sleeps, it's awesome. He's only ~4 days old tho. I must say I'm enjoying all the snuggles more than I thought I would! We talk, sing & walk him around when he wakes up & needs to be stimulated before feeding, but that's about it for now.
  • Options
    I look at him all day and night so in love.... When he is awake we look at each other it's so adorable.... But I do nothing

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    OK, good I am glad lots of other moms just sit, stare, snuggle and feed too! I've been so busy with work (working from home) that I feel like I haven;t had a free moment. When she wakes, I take her in my lap and talk with her and do stretches with her. I really need to get out and walk with her, every day just goes by so quick!
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"