April 2014 Moms
Options

TP Fri

Go!

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
 All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TP Fri

• Options
    My dog! He started getting into the trash and spreading it all over the kitchen, so I got one of those trash cans that he can't figure out how to open but NOW HE JUST PEES ON IT INSTEAD. Cool, dog, for demonstrating the many ways in which you suck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My know-it-all coworker who came up to me (uninvited) and asked if I was feeling anything - since I was having a contraction at the time and happened to glance at my watch - and then asking where I felt it... because, "Oh, those aren't contractions, those are just Braxton-hicks, you'll feel it HERE when it's a REAL contraction."  Uh, yeah, okay, except my midwife, doctor, and sister (who is an OB-GYN) all told me that I'm having contractions and have been since Tuesday.  Thanks so much for your input on my uterus, it's not like every woman or even every pregnancy is DIFFERENT or anything... also, Braxton-hicks are still contractions, it's just a name for them when they're mild instead of strong and progressing to labor (which mine should be by now since I'm 40 weeks and not 18 or something).

Okay, whew, vent over.  I'm just ready for this baby to reveal himself already, or give me some freaking idea that he's getting close instead of the constant contractions and no active labor signs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TP to post partum hormones.
    One minute I'm crying and the next I'm freaking out thinking one of the kids are going to get hurt, then I'm mad cause I can't open something. I'm so ready for this to be over
  • Options
    TP to my stepmom for calling to check on me and starting the conversation with "Bless your heart. I bet you thought you would wake up in labor today since it's your due date." Um, no. I've only been dealing with prodromal labor for two weeks and I'm barely even sleeping and nothing has changed. But I guess since I'm an idiot
    I would think I'd magically go into labor since today is my due date... Because I'm stupid? Shouldn't have answered the phone. So sick of everyone either asking why I haven't had him yet or turning around and telling me to be patient. STFU and leave me alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

TP to my stepmom for calling to check on me and starting the conversation with "Bless your heart. I bet you thought you would wake up in labor today since it's your due date." Um, no. I've only been dealing with prodromal labor for two weeks and I'm barely even sleeping and nothing has changed. But I guess since I'm an idiot
    I would think I'd magically go into labor since today is my due date... Because I'm stupid? Shouldn't have answered the phone. So sick of everyone either asking why I haven't had him yet or turning around and telling me to be patient. STFU and leave me alone!

My mom is like this. The really frustrating thing is when I actually want sympathy she laughs or blows it off. Uggghhh! It drives me crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    TP to my cat for eating the flowers DH's work sent, then puking them all through our new house with new carpets.
  • Options
    TP to pregsomnia... Its 430am! DH and I are both awake!!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options

TP to my OB practice.  They are pushing (and I mean pushing) for me to get a c-section b/c of concerns about LO's size and increased risk of shoulder dystocia. 

I told them I do not want a planned C-section and tried to have a conversation about how it would be handled if I wanted a vaginal birth and any complications arose, and they wouldn't say anything. I had to ask if they were, in fact, all trained in the number of manuevers to fix it, as well as mentioned the possibility of a c-section at that point - and I got brushed off and was told a planned section was better and then heard about all of the extreme risks (which percentage-wise are so incredibly minute). I also mentioned that the u/s tech said that the baby's head and abdominal circumference were the same size, so if the head didn't progress, then we wouldn't have to worry about the shoulders getting stuck, and I could then get a C-section.  She told me that they can't measure the head (um, yes, we just had it done).

TP, TP, TP!!! I know there are increased (though still small) risks of shoulder dystocia, but pushing and fear-mongering aren't helping.  Plus SD is one of the things OBs get sued for the most, and a planned C-section allows them to deal with less surprises - but how about having an intelligent conversation with me over how to deal with my wishes. 

Sorry so long, but they are getting ridiculous (it would take me all day to type the things they've said to me, and I promise I am not overreacting.  Even keeping an open mind and have my next appt. with the one dr. there I actually trust).

But I told DH next pregnancy I'm getting a midwife.

• Options
    Damn pup. Just when she's making progress....she goes and practically bares her teether at me for the past two morning feedings. Yeah, that makes me feel REALLY confident that the baby will be A OK with her around. Ugh. .

And damn my SO for getting this pup.... I mean, a five yr old DD, an 8yr old dog and a preggo ME don't equate to enough to handle......sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"