April 2014 Moms
Options

Sylvia Mae made her debut!

Short story: Sylvia Mae was born last night, 4-10-14, at 10:39, 7lbs 7oz, 20in.

Long story: My water broke at 10:45pm on Wednesday, and because the fluid was clear (and I had already gone over this exact scenario with my OB and doula), I stayed at home to labor for as long as I could. My contrax were irregular all night and all day until about 3/4pm, when they started increasing in intensity and frequency. We arrived at the hospital at 7pm and I was 7cm. I labored on the birthing ball, the birthing stool (which was amazing!), and finally in the tub. My cervix was still very posterior and I was in a ton of pain, so I went for an IV push of stadol (sp?). It let me rest a bit, and after several more contrax in different positions, I was ready to push. She came out in 2 (agonizing) pushes, taking the OB by complete surprise. DH got to catch her, as I was on the birthing stool for her delivery. I did it without the epi, which was my goal and I didn't have any tears. In fact, my crotch is not in any pain whatsoever this morning. Don't have a good picture yet, but will post one later. So happy to have our little one and can't wait to have our other kids meet her.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sylvia Mae made her debut!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"