Natural Birth
Options

Chiropractic care

I'm sure I'm super-late to the party here, but I saw a chiropractor for the first time this morning and it was great. I have apparently been sleeping in a weird position and jacked up my neck. I saw my OB yesterday and he recommended a massage and a chiropractor if I had one I trusted. Well, I found one. Thank goodness! My last pregnancy I sprained my ankle, which led to a blood pressure spike, which led to an induction. This shoulder pain was so much worse than the ankle, and I was terrified I was going down the same road again. So here's hoping he can get rid of the pain, I can avoid the BP issue, and I can avoid the induction. Interesting note: he was surprised I wasn't there for lower back pain. I probably should have seen him during my last pregnancy when my lower back was killing me for the last 3 months.

Re: Chiropractic care

• Options
    Glad to hear it! I've heard they can work wonders during pregnancy...personally still haven't had the guts to go check it out but have thought about it :) feeling ok so far this pregnancy but I also had horrendous back pain last time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lurking from A14.  Glad you found one you like!  I've visited a chiropractor once a month for pregnancy related sciatic pain.  She's amazing.  I once poo poo'ed chiropractors, but I found one who does sports medicine, and I really trust her.  It's been a total relief to get adjusted during pregnancy.

I had a friend and my sister both who got adjusted monthly in pregnancy and they both believe it helped align their hips and keep their pelvis free'er for baby come delivery time (my friend's chiropractor actually had her come in when labor first started for one last adjustment to help ease labor).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved my chiro when I was pregnant. I even went in while I was in labor to help open up space for baby to reposition better.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited April 2014
    I'm seeing one for my breech baby and pelvic pain now for the webster technique- he is great! The only Certified pediatric one in my city and has been doing it over 20 years. Of course she may or may not turn with everything but id definitely keep seeing him after to keep adjusted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I saw one every week third trimester, including during early labor. Had a relatively fast and easy first time birth and definitely attribute it to being well aligned!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"