Eco-Friendly Family
Options

ok a dumb bc question re: "pulling out"

i know you technically can't call "pulling out" a very effective method of bc BUT if you use this as your method, do you abstain during your fertile times? 

we used FAM to avoid for a while before TTC ds (and then while TTC - i got pregnant on our first try) though when i was fertile we used a back up.  i'm pretty familiar with my body and my cycles.  just got my period back and i'm pretty sure i'm fertile right now.  and well, i'm wondering what the chances are that i could be pregnant since we've had some sex without back up in this fertile window.  

so, what are your thoughts on this?

disclaimer: i know how uneducated/uniformed/irresponsible this post sounds but i know most of you on this board know me better than to think that.  we want 3 or 4 kids.  obviously if we really weren't ready for a 2nd dc we'd be doing more to avoid than pulling out.

also, edited to make corrections b/c i hit "post" too soon!

Re: ok a dumb bc question re: "pulling out"

• Options

if he pulled out in time the chances are good that you are not pregnant.  I think the success rate of pulling out is lowered a lot by people who don't do it right.

• Options
    yeah, he pulled out in time.  i agree with you that the success rate is based on people doing it incorrectly, as with any birth control method.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say abstaining during your most fertile times would be best. ?I believe, most times, there is some "leaking" (for lack of a better term) throughout. ?lol I am trying to remember what Dr. Drew said about this back in my HS days lol
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    I have understood that pulling out is not effective during fertile times because of the "leaking" as luvliek put it! The little sperm can "escape" before ejaculation.
  • Options

imageMeantToBeWed:
    I have understood that pulling out is not effective during fertile times because of the "leaking" as luvliek put it! The little sperm can "escape" before ejaculation.

lol what would you call it? ?Its Friday night my brain is gone.?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageladyyoung:
    yeah, he pulled out in time.  i agree with you that the success rate is based on people doing it incorrectly, as with any birth control method.

The problem is that sperm is released in small amounts well before he orgasms.  It's not as much, but it only takes one...lol.

• Options

What are your fertile signs, and how many of them

were present when you weren't pulling out?   That's

what I'd use to gauge the chances of another pregnancy.

Since we're at a NOOOOO babies now PLEASE! stage

of life, we use a backup unless I have my period, I know

for certain that I'm not fertile at that part of my cycle, or

I've already ovulated.  I just don't trust that those first

sperm wouldn't be all sneaky and fertilize things

that just shouldn't be fertilized at this point in my life.

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Options
    imageluvlieK:

imageMeantToBeWed:

lol what would you call it?  Its Friday night my brain is gone. 

I have nothing better!

• Options
    imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:
    ?

Since we're at a NOOOOO babies now PLEASE! stage

of life, we use a backup unless I have my period, I know

for certain that I'm not fertile at that part of my cycle, or

I've already ovulated. ?

From what I have heard, it is still possible to ovulate during your period.?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    imageMeantToBeWed:
    imageluvlieK:

imageMeantToBeWed:

lol what would you call it? ?Its Friday night my brain is gone.?

I have nothing better!

haha leaking it is then!?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    Oh I remember know Adam and Dr. Drew said something about performing the feather test. ?If it sticks... then don't lol
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
    Oh I remember know Adam and Dr. Drew said something about performing the feather test.  If it sticks... then don't lol

oh my!

• Options
    imageluvlieK:
    imageMeantToBeWed:
    imageluvlieK:

imageMeantToBeWed:

I have nothing better!

haha leaking it is then! 

i think it's called "pre-ejaculate," ladies!

:)

• Options

omg, i just can't decide to whom to quote!!  you ladies have ALL made me laugh.  and now you've given me a reason to POAS in 2 weeks...........!  or maybe just relax and realize the chances are slim. 

although my fertile sign was the beloved EWCM.  yes, EWCM.  those "leaky" little guys may just have a fighting chance.  there were no temps since i'm still not getting proper sleep.

luvlie- who are adam and dr. drew.

• Options
    imagetommigirle:
    imageluvlieK:
    imageMeantToBeWed:
    imageluvlieK:

imageMeantToBeWed:

I have nothing better!

YES- I was going to type that- or "pre-jack" for short! 

haha leaking it is then! 

i think it's called "pre-ejaculate," ladies!

:)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ok I mostly lurk here, but I have something to add. The nurse who came to talk to our dorm freshman year put it this way, "They dribble before they shoot."
  • Options

Ok...peeing my pants at 'they dribble before they shoot'.  I teach grade 8 sex ed, and I am using that one!!

It's called pre-ejaculation....and yeah...they can swim!   

• Options

Yeah. I think it makes a huge difference if the guy is knowledgeable and sensitive enough to pull in time.

It worked for us. we used it for 3 mos and then got pg after trying 1 month. miscarried and used it again for 3 more months and got pg on the next month of trying.

• Options
    imageladyyoung:

There used to be this sex talk show on the radio where people would call in with some really dumb questions and they would answer them. ?No idea if its still around.

?

lol and who needs the technical term I believe leaking describes it beautifully ;o) ?haha

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    imageluvlieK:
    imageladyyoung:

There used to be this sex talk show on the radio where people would call in with some really dumb questions and they would answer them.  No idea if its still around.

It is!  Although Adam is gone and its now Dr. Drew and some dude named Stryker.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pre-Jack! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"