April 2014 Moms
Options

people with inside babies

RedBird11RedBird11 member
edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Is there one specific day you DONT want to have your baby on?

I don't care what date he is born on as long as its not 4/20. I know in school kids made a huge deal out of 420 day and I don't want kids telling him he was born to be a stoner. That might sound silly but I don't care lol.

I am picking a just-in-case induction date at my next appointment and my choices are the 19th, 21st and 22nd. I am thinking probably not the 19th because I know inductions can be slow sometimes and I don't want it going into the 20th.

Edit: typo

BFP 8/9/2013
EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

Re: people with inside babies

• Options
    I would prefer him not to come on 4/20, but whatever day he decides to come is fine. Can't stress about the little things at this point, but that's just my opinion.

I definitely see where your coming from though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm "overdue" now- so hoping she doesn't wait till next week to come. I can't imagine being pregnant they a whole another weekend!!!!
  • Options
    On 4/14, only because this whole pregnancy everyone has been telling me that's when I need to have her. I guess I'm just a grump like that.....
  • Options
    not the 26th. It is my little sisters 16th birthday and she really doesn't want to share it. So as long as baby doesn't come on the 26th I will be happy. I'm due 4/29, so i feel pretty safe that LO wont come on the 26th.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never thought about the 4/20 thing! I'm due on the 28th. I really, really want an April baby. April reminds me on both my grandmothers. One of them loved the spring time and the last time I saw the other was when I was 17. I flew to England in April. I remember as the plane was getting closer to landing we were flying over fields filled with daffodils. Pregnancy has made me particularly sentimental.
  • Options
    I feel like I've been playing this game in my mind since I hit 37 wks on 3/17.

At this point, I would prefer not 4/13 (because she'd have a Friday the 13th birthday every once in a while, though I guess not the biggest deal).

If she doesn't come on her own, I'd be induced at 42 wks on 4/21, which is one of her cousin's birthdays. I'd prefer not then so she has her own. I actually like 4/20 because DS is 5/20, though it being Easter means we'd miss it this year and having MIL come to watch DS would be logistically more difficult. I'd be find with that and hopefully MIL could make it work. 
    imageimage image
    DS, May 2011
    DD, April 2014

• Options
    I couldn't care less, as long as it's not any day past my due date.

Same here.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Ultimately I would still be thrilled if he decided on his own to arrive on 4/20 but I just wouldn't pick it.

BFP 8/9/2013

• Options
    I don't want LO to arrive on 4/20 because it is my BIL's birthday. Also, 4/20 is Eastsr this year and I have plans to eat delicious food all day!
  • Options
    My husband is a WWII buff and wants to avoid 4/20 because its Hitler's birthday. Other than that we are open to any day! My husband's birthday is 4/29 and I think he would like it in that day. I'm due 4/27 so that's definitely possible.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    4/17 is my brother's birthday and it wouldn't be a big deal, but 4/18 would be a good date because that would mark exactly 11 months from our wedding. 
  • Options
    I'm with everyone on 4/20; I'd also like to go to church on Easter pregnant or with an outside baby if possible. DH doesn't want "Star Wars Day" 5/4.

We're trying to figure out what days to "root" for. DS was born on 9/10/11 and we feel like #2 needs his own cool bday date. There aren't that many in April/May!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I'm with you! I would hate 4/20 and plus that would be 10 days "early" and on Easter so my family would be here and they'd be involved from the beginning, and I want it to be a my hubby and I thing until baby arrives. For me, anytime after 4/25 is good because I don't have anything planned and will be all caught up on work for my mat leave and all of our decor will have arrived. Ha, so here's hoping to that!
  • Options
    I wouldn't have even though of 4/20... People don't seem to make a big deal about it here. I've seen the odd FB reference, I guess, but kids in school certainly didn't make fun of people whose birthdays fell on that date! I wouldn't really care of LO came on that day, though that would be pretty early since I'm technically due May 4th. 
    My mom's birthday is Apr 21st, my aunt's is the 18th, and mine is the 23rd, and I can't decide if it would be cool if the baby shared one of our birthdays or if it would be better if s/he didn't....... *shrug* We'll see! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not for the rest of this week ! My OB is out of town until Monday. On top of that, it's Masters week here In Augusta and traffic getting my hospital is crazy ! So he can come any time after Monday.
  • Options
    I agree with 4/20- really don't want it then. My kids are leaving to spend spring break with the grandparents on Saturday so anytime next week would be wonderful. It would be great to have some quiet time with just hubby and LO for a few days. But due on the 28th so probably not going to happen!
  • Options

I am also an accountant and have an EDD of 4/15.  I do not want a tax day baby just because it would be so cliche and I have gotten so many jokes about it already.  And I don't want her to come today or tomorrow because DS is sick.

Other than that she can come any time and I would be happy.

• Options
    It's silly but I wouldn't want her to come on the 18th because that's my nieces birthday and she is still little and REALLY doesn't want to share her birthday which I know in the long run won't matter but would make the next few years tough.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less, as long as it's not any day past my due date.

Same here.

Agreed!!!  I also agree with 4/20 but mainly b/c that's Easter this year and I already have Baby's Easter Basket and PJs.

• Options
    My EDD is 4/20 so I've been hearing the weed and Hitler jokes for quite a few months already. I'd prefer if he wasn't born on 4/20 but I'd rather he avoid 4/15. That's my SIL's birthday and she hated it growing up.
  • Options
    I really wanted 4/14 too because 14 is my favorite number but I'm not due until the 27th so I probably shouldn't wish for her to be that early. I'm not crazy about having a 4/20 baby but not the end of the world either. Having a star wars baby would be pretty cool and is probably the most likely senario out of the dates I mentioned.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ever since I realized 4/20 was a possible delivery date for my baby since she's due only 3 days later I've said I didn't want her born on that day so she wouldn't be associated with that day, particularly by my brother and sister who are potheads and would more than likely make dumb comments about how awesome it is for her to be born that day.

But. Now I'm thinking I don't care as much and would love to have her before or on Easter that way I have an excuse not to do Eastery things while I'm huge and miserable and all I want to do is lay down and relax.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Zero preference at this point. Really want her to come before Easter though (Easter is 10 days past my due date...which is today)
  • Options
    lcr23lcr23 member
    I'm 4 days over right now. I'm hoping it's not this Friday or Saturday due to birthdays in my family. My brothers birthday is Saturday and has made comments the entire pregnancy about her being born on his birthday so I just really don't want that to happen. Although I do want her out! :) I wouldn't go late enough to 4/20 but it's my parents anniversary so I wouldn't mind that if I was due later.
  • Options
    This is so stupid, but I really don't want this baby to come on the 13th or the 15th. The 13th is my brother's birthday and the 15th is my mom's birthday. I just want him to have his own birthday. Not to mention these are the two people in my family I butt heads with the most. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the universe plays a joke on me and have him come on the 15th during the full moon, and my mom will brag to everyone that he came on HER birthday (can you tell - she annoys me? haha). 

I'm due on the 17th.

On a side note, I would love 4/14/14.. that would be a cool birthday! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't care until I got news that my grandmother is very close to passing away. My dad is traveling to be with her (rightly so) and he leaves Sunday. So... I'm due tomorrow and want baby out ASAP. It would crush me for my father to lose his mother and miss his first grandson's birth, not to mention for me to lose my grandmother and not be able to travel or have my father present for my son's birth. :(
  • Options
    To the ones that are saying 4-14-14 would be cool, I totally agree! But it is my due date and I know its rare to go on your actual due date.

BFP 8/9/2013

• Options
    My 30th bday is the 30th which is also may due date and my selfish butt doesn't want to share... Cinco de mayo sounds good to me!
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    I just want to make it through the 18th, my last day of work. It wouldn't be a huge deal if I went earlier, but my SIL told me they're planning a small surprise lunch for me on my last day and I'd feel bad missing it.
    Also I teach 1st grade and it would be nicer for the kids to make it through the Friday so I'm not unexpectedly suddenly not there one day. My EDD is 4/28 so I think I can make it past the 18th at least :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    I'm due the 19th so we have gotten a lot of comments it's going to be an easter/hitler/weed baby. Mostly from DH's students since they all know he's never drank or smoked before! I would prefer not to have her on the 20th. Nor would I want her to come before the 17th since I've worked out maternity leave to start late next week!

I favor odd numbers so I'm liking the 17, 19, or 21st! I have a poll going around and majority thinks she's coming between the 15th-17th. Not sure if they are basing that off of the full pink moon or not! :)
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Any day after 4/19 is awesome for me! Our new hospital opens 4/19 my due date is 4/20 so I'm hoping to hold out for the fancy new beds and nice things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just want her to come before the 21st, so that she is an Aries. Stupid, I know, but I am due on the 18th so I might go into Taurus territory...

• Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited April 2014
    chirico3 said:

I just want her to come before the 21st, so that she is an Aries. Stupid, I know, but I am due on the 18th so I might go into Taurus territory...

My husband is a Taurus and I'm not sure I could handle two in the house!

Edit to add: Aries seem to have that stubborn I'm not gonna do what you tell me streak too so I don't know!!! Haha!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Serenla said:

Not during the Boston marathon, I do t want to deal with that traffic or train ride thank you very much.

I'm in the same boat!!! I'm 39 weeks that day and they are planning on inducing me for health reasons and I'm already telling them hell no on the 21st because the city is going to be a pain in the ass!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"