April 2014 Moms
Options

Bili light

Anyone else need a bili light for their LO?  I remember someone talking about it a few weeks ago but forget who.  We've got a light coming to our house today - hopefully one day will be enough to drop his levels.  He was a 9 on leaving the hospital, a 14 yesterday and a 15 today which is their cut-off for prescribing the light.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bili light

• Options
    My son starting at 7 days was 20, 19.5, 20.5 started the biliblanket . The next day his level was 17.2. 2 more days on the blanket. Levels went to 15.3 no blanket that night. the next day was 14.2. When we didn't have him in the blanket he was in the sun alternating in the shade ever 10 min.
  • Options
    How did you handle him on the blanket?  They said to leave him on except for feeding and changing, and just let him cry.  It's so hard listening to him.   :((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't realize you can do treatment at home. My LO left the hospital at a 10.1. On Tuesday she was a 14.2 and we did more blood work today. They said we will have to bring her back to the hospital if it goes up any higher. We would have to take her to the ER which I really do not want to do. How did you get a prescription for the light at home @hlm184
  • Options
    My LO was on a bili bed and blanket for 3 days. I was really worried that he'd be fussy, but he was so good! Even seemed like he liked it. It was hard because I wanted to hold him lots, but now I'm glad the Dr. prescribed them. It helped a lot. I thought I was going to go crazy for a day or so though, staying in the room all day so he could stay on the lights all the time.
  • Options
    @alohamel the pediatrician just prescribed it and someone was at our door two hours later!  It is so much better than having to go back to the hospital but my mom-hormones are whacked out listening to him cry.  DH and I are trading off sitting with him right now.
  • Options
    He slept most of the time. And we held him the rest of the time in the blanket. It wrapped around his chest. My husband slept on the couch cause he would sleep in the crib with it.
  • Options
    He slept most of the time. And we held him the rest of the time in the blanket. It wrapped around his chest. My husband slept on the couch cause he would sleep in the crib with it.
    I wish we had the blanket.  Ours is a bed he has to lay on, so we can't cuddle him at all.  Hand on the chest is about it.
  • Options
    @hlm184 my little guy had the bed too. I know it's so hard. On the third day of bringing him in to the pediatrician, his dr. asked how I was doing. I just about burst into tears. Hang in there. Hopefully your LO will doing better soon.
  • Options
    I want to thank everyone for their comments - it helps so much to know other people have gone through the same thing.  We tested again this morning and his levels have started dropping!  We only have to have him on the bed for a few hours each day and by monday he should be off it entirely.   :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"